Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 261
  1. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #21  
    No Voice Memo
    Still no LED notification(blah blah I know about patches)
    What about Orb/Sling?
    RDP
    IM Clients
    VOIP
    Docs to Go(seriously are we still on view only mode?)
    Last edited by Leke; 01/07/2010 at 04:23 PM.
  2. #22  
    I'd buy an updated Pre right now if it was on Sprint

    Still want that full backup/restore but i'm sure it'll be along.
  3. #23  
    So for every new feature in a update Palm takes 1 away right??
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    So for every new feature in a update Palm takes 1 away right??
    what was taken away?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what was taken away?
    I think that was a vain attempt at humor
  6. #26  
    Let's remember that today was about the BIG developments that Palm are bringing to the smartphone party.

    WebOS version 1.4 may also deal with a lot of the other issues and niggles that are continually talked about on this forum.

    I for one over in the UK am still looking forward to getting 1.3.5.1, let alone 1.4. My heads about to explode like the guy in Scanners......

    Never thought i'd say this but i get a buzz waiting for each update. Good day to be a Pre owner.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That was me. I was the guy complaining about the guy who went on a rant to complain about rants, and complained about the complainers
    When are you guys gonna realize this is a forum, not a dictator led fan club?
    Lemme get this straight... Are you saying that those who complain about the complainers are less entitled to voice their opinion on this free forum than those who complain?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. #28  
    eurooooope

    we aint gettin no games
    somebody at the precentral crew please ask the palm crew "whatsssssup?!!"
  9. #29  
    I guess I'll say it, what was so great about today?

    1. 16 gig of storage? Other phones have double that
    2. 3D games? other phones already do that?
    3. Video Recording? been doing that for years on other phones

    Where are the hardware upgrades, bigger screen, better keyboard, better font control, non slider version, autofocus camera, etc.

    Today we got an announcement that the flawed pre hardware, now has the same features of existing phones. I for one, not impressed.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Lemme get this straight... Are you saying that those who complain about the complainers are less entitled to voice their opinion on this free forum than those who complain?
    Did I say that? No.
    I was talking about crap like this:

    Official Post CES Keynote Complaint Thread by Beanis 01:27 PM 01/07/2010 -- [Reply] [!!]
    Everyone use this thread if you feel like complaining after Palm's presentation.

    We really don't need dozens of threads created for everything you wanted them to announce but they didn't.

    We also don't need dozens of threads created about how you are switching to some other phone after hearing the presentation.

    Please keep those comments in here.

    --------
    Who died and made this guy the boss?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess I'll say it, what was so great about today?

    1. 16 gig of storage? Other phones have double that
    2. 3D games? other phones already do that?
    3. Video Recording? been doing that for years on other phones

    Where are the hardware upgrades, bigger screen, better keyboard, better font control, non slider version, autofocus camera, etc.

    Today we got an announcement that the flawed pre hardware, now has the same features of existing phones. I for one, not impressed.
    Basically Palm grew up a bit today in that it can offer apps on par with iphone. Along with video and flash. PDK will be big.

    I can't fault Palm for wanting to squeeze more out of the Pre and Pixi. And launching on V and AT&T as well as Sprint?

    Just bring the marketing now..
  12. #32  
    We're running out of things to complain about... How about different colors? Anyone wanna complain about only having the option of a black Pre?
  13. loftwyr's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #33  
    That most of the stuff won't be available to any country except the US.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We're running out of things to complain about... How about different colors? Anyone wanna complain about only having the option of a black Pre?
    except for the awful hardware.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That was me. I was the guy complaining about the guy who went on a rant to complain about rants, and complained about the complainers
    When are you guys gonna realize this is a forum, not a dictator led fan club?
    Sigh.... I keep telling you, it is dictator run. He's a nice guy, but that's the way it is. If he decides tomorrow he doesn't like your avitar and wants you gone over it... Poof!, you're gone.
  16. #36  
    For those complaining about Visual Voicemail, our YouView visual voicemail client powered by YouMail will hit open beta on homebrew this month.
    - Arcticus

    Syntactix LLC

    Syntactix Developer Forum

    Applications: Pack 'n' Track, YouView, Jewels, Metrix Developer Tools, TripThat, Mobile Florist.

    Follow development on Twitter

    Please support developers by purchasing their app(s) or donating.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess I'll say it, what was so great about today?

    1. 16 gig of storage? Other phones have double that
    2. 3D games? other phones already do that?
    3. Video Recording? been doing that for years on other phones

    Where are the hardware upgrades, bigger screen, better keyboard, better font control, non slider version, autofocus camera, etc.

    Today we got an announcement that the flawed pre hardware, now has the same features of existing phones. I for one, not impressed.
    Are you kidding me?!?!?! You come out and say other phones already do what Palm announced today and then go on to say things that other phones ALSO do. Epic Fail, buddy.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sigh.... I keep telling you, it is dictator run. He's a nice guy, but that's the way it is. If he decides tomorrow he doesn't like your avitar and wants you gone over it... Poof!, you're gone.
    Damn! I didn't think you'd follow me here! LOL
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sigh.... I keep telling you, it is dictator run. He's a nice guy, but that's the way it is. If he decides tomorrow he doesn't like your avitar and wants you gone over it... Poof!, you're gone.
    Agreed. The site has rules that we need to follow; That's just how it is. I don't mind though...
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Did I say that? No.
    I was talking about crap like this:

    Official Post CES Keynote Complaint Thread by Beanis 01:27 PM 01/07/2010 -- [Reply] [!!]
    Everyone use this thread if you feel like complaining after Palm's presentation.

    We really don't need dozens of threads created for everything you wanted them to announce but they didn't.

    We also don't need dozens of threads created about how you are switching to some other phone after hearing the presentation.

    Please keep those comments in here.

    --------
    Who died and made this guy the boss?
    Well, nobody did, of course (or, at least, I hope not). But, he was making a valid point: why have 1000 threads all with the same complaints? Just make one big one and leave it at that. No matter how strongly you feel his post was written, he can't _actually_ dictate anything, right? So, if one doesn't like it, one can just follow the advice that's often given: ignore the post.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions