Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Maybe more like future requests than complaints. I am very happy with my Pre but I would like to see (without hacks):

More file support attachments or websites (wmp, pps, etc)
    Wifi File Browser
    RDP / LogMeIn
    Tethering support
    LED notifications
    Better Orb support
    Voice Memo
    VOIP
    Docs to Go
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I guess I'll say it, what was so great about today?

1. 16 gig of storage? Other phones have double that
    2. 3D games? other phones already do that?
    3. Video Recording? been doing that for years on other phones

Where are the hardware upgrades, bigger screen, better keyboard, better font control, non slider version, autofocus camera, etc.

Today we got an announcement that the flawed pre hardware, now has the same features of existing phones. I for one, not impressed.
    I feel like I'm on a bicycle with training wheels; very limited, but so much potential.
    Three Biggest Gripes for Me;

-European Paid Apps - (Solved in March)

-Bluetooth File Transfer (Come on, this is basic, phones a decade ago were capable of this)

-OS Utilization of the GPU for the UI (WebOS could be so awesome if this was embedded, if only)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    Maybe more like future requests than complaints. I am very happy with my Pre but I would like to see (without hacks):

More file support attachments or websites (wmp, pps, etc)
    Wifi File Browser
    RDP / LogMeIn
    Tethering support
    LED notifications
    Better Orb support
    Voice Memo
    VOIP
    Docs to Go
    I'm with this guy. No complaining (alright a little) but more feature requests that are actually useful.

- RDP is a must. WinMo does it and WinMo sucks!
    - Tethering is a great feature I used to use on my Mogul. If you're in a jam and need to use the laptop for something, the WMWifi router was there to save the day. The Pre is more than capable of doing it.
    - Visual Voicemail... I don't want a google voice client, or some third party hack to do this when the Instinct did it, and Verizon offers it for most of their devices, why can't Sprint or Palm just hand it over already?
    - LED notifications should have been there from the start. Why put a button on the front of the phone that lights up yet only when you are using a gesture. Come on Palm!
    - Voice anything would be nice... Voice assisted google search, voice dialing, voice commanding...
    - VOIP/SIP would be very beneficial to some users, like myself. The company I work for uses a VOIP solution, I could just as easily have a SIP client on the phone to use my work extension while walking around the campus.

Unfortunately we won't see any development for Voice anything, because they haven't release any documentation on activating the microphone from an app, but some of the other requests should be able to be done now.

Thats my rant. I won't go into more detail. I love my Pre, I love what the homebrew community does for it, and I really think this device is the best out there, it still seems a little first generation to me but its working its way past that.
    Sony Clie th55 > Sprint Mogul (PPC6800) > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > HP Touchpad (I'm BACK AND LOVE IT!)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have had my pre for about a month and have NOTHING to complain about!
    Nothing to complain about here...sorry.
    Nothing to complain about only thing i really want is MSN integration.
    i'm happy with my pre right now, and the announcements are great.

what i want now:
    - support for alle the messenger protocols in the libpurple libary, we know it is possible, because of gregs fabolous im patch. but native it would be even better (especially when backing up your contacts)

- the app store for europe (coming)
    - more apps (coming)
    - better battery life (hopefully coming with 1.4)
    - less stuttering (also 1.4)
    - gpu support for the gui (should be coming with 1.4)
    - a little more sophisticated wifi options (especially with wpa2 enterprise)
    - a nice way of synching with your desktop (hopefully in march with the full appstore)
    - a build in sftp server would be nice, or bluetooth filetransfer, i need a way to get data on the phone without lifting it of the touchstone and fumbling with some cable. as of now i us the optware sftp server which wors, but it's not that easy to set up, i can do it, but i imagine many others cant.
    My complaint: There are way too many good things happening on the Pre. Life was not meant to be so much fun!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    My complaint: There are way too many good things happening on the Pre. Life was not meant to be so much fun!
    Couldn't agree more, and just this week I turned another guy at work on to the 'things' you can do with a pre. He had no idea. I have created a monster, but thats good.

Ok, more ram would be nice.

Rp
    I got my Pre in October and my only complaint is that I didn't get it sooner!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And yet you continue to hold it in your hands, and run your fingers all over it.

Brings up some really bad visions of potty training...
    That one made me lol. I have a love/hate relationship with my pre. I love that new features are added regularly. I hate that it feels like a beta product. Being my first smartphone, I didn't realize how the game worked. I just figured it was like my old-school flip phone, open it, dial and push talk. Now that I've had a chance to experience a smartphone in all it's glory I suppose I'd do it again. As annoyed as I get at times, I can't deny the amount of time I spend playing on it.
    The calender could seriously use some additional user functionality. The main one being color coded categories (beyond profiles) which are viewable in the month view. Other than that the device is rather snazzy... I'll also complain that I can't play LBJ NES emulator for kicks though.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    No microphone = no voice dialing = no dictation or memo software = stupid outdated phone.

Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by casualninja View Post
    I got my Pre in October and my only complaint is that I didn't get it sooner!!
    Now take heed! That is how to complain,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    How long the damn thing takes to start up! I had to make my mom wait 5 minutes because I wanted to take a picture of an El Camino in the Meijer parking lot...she was ****ed...she was late for work....DAMN TAHT START UP TIME! lol..
    Okay....how about a frickin trackpad for a secondary, oh hell, primary method of real navigation within text boxes and for plain old editing and entry box scrolling and so on. The move to a center button was just stupid as navigation and editing on capacitive screen OS's just sucks compared to their resistive cousins. The fact it was omitted on the plus show how useless a button was. And anyone that has a hard keyboard with nav buttons knows how easy it is to edit and navigate with them compared to not having them. It's one reason I keep my Moment, so I can use my phone as a business device with Docs to Go which still isn't available for webOS which should be a huge topic to complain about. People seem to care more about 3d games and flash which speaks volumes about the user base being serious business users. So my complaint still lies in getting the core 'smartphone' functionality down before worrying about media fluff and getting rid of a secondary form of navigation and relying for the most part on swipes, flicks, scrolls, and gestures which is a big fail. Rant over. Back to enjoying my 3D & flashless Pixi

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I posted this yesterday. Sorry but this is really annoying to me!

Ok, I have to comment here. How many of you know what an LED is? IT IS NOT Pronounced LED. It is L-E-D!!! Light emitting diode! It is not the ball/button, it is a diode which produces light when electricity flows one way! To remove the stupid ball is great! The ball is a physical switch, which means moving parts. Moving parts mean fail ratio increases! Put an L.E.D. under a touchscreen means BETTER hardware! Please, stop calling it LED, it is not a sinker or even METAL!!!!
    regarding navigation... I don't know why they disabled using the gesture area while holding down shift/system keys. But yes, a directional pad overlayed would have been nice.

The button could have been far more useful. but I like how hte pre plus is, a faint indicator. I would rather them get rid of the up arrow in the quick menu... I never use it. I could use another quick access space dammit.

But I will continue to complain about the number 1 issue i've had since day one... speed just isn't there. Latest updates just give the illusion of faster loading, but it's barely noticable. lag is still a problem.

i never did want video... but now that I have it, how about portrait mode =) but yeah, speed really is it. I don't need games. optimize the OS some more. And yeah, get a better SDK out, I want google voice app back!
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    regarding navigation... I don't know why they disabled using the gesture area while holding down shift/system keys. But yes, a directional pad overlayed would have been nice.

The button could have been far more useful. but I like how hte pre plus is, a faint indicator. I would rather them get rid of the up arrow in the quick menu... I never use it. I could use another quick access space dammit.

But I will continue to complain about the number 1 issue i've had since day one... speed just isn't there. Latest updates just give the illusion of faster loading, but it's barely noticable. lag is still a problem.

i never did want video... but now that I have it, how about portrait mode =) but yeah, speed really is it. I don't need games. optimize the OS some more. And yeah, get a better SDK out, I want google voice app back!
    The up arrow is necessary. For new users or those who are just trying out the phone they need a way to "figure out" how to access other apps. Now, the option to remove it is a whole 'nother story that I'm willing to support.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    This thread
    Last edited by PreMium; 03/12/2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: to have something to complain about