Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I know you're kind of/sort of joking, with a kernel of truth, I think, but: really, that's the beauty of what Palm has done. Their adding C/C++ doesn't take _anything_ away from whatever really cool app you'd create using Mojo/Ares.
    Nah, I was completely joking, wit a kernel of truth. I'm thrilled with thhe way Palm did this. Yes, there will be apps that are basically fully written in C, but I also believe we'll see lots of portable snippets of code traded between programmers. Palm basically made it so folks can write "psuedo-APIs".
    the app catalog just gave me liagitament reasons for insomnia, well at least im not as bored now but i am really tired finally
    Palm prē-ist.
    Just out of curiosity... can phones like the HTC Hero or Droid run NFS or have 3D games like NFS? And if they don't have them, how come it takes Palm 6 months to come out with a game like NFS and how long has Android been out?
    Last edited by Weaser999; 01/09/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nah, I was completely joking, wit a kernel of truth. I'm thrilled with thhe way Palm did this. Yes, there will be apps that are basically fully written in C, but I also believe we'll see lots of portable snippets of code traded between programmers. Palm basically made it so folks can write "psuedo-APIs".
    And, we'll see many, many good apps written just using Mojo/Ares. Just a brilliant strategy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And, we'll see many, many good apps written just using Mojo/Ares. Just a brilliant strategy.
    I agree. I was shocked when they announced the concept of Plug Ins for WebOS; though to be fair, I'm almost positive I read someone on here suggesting something similar. I anticipated that they would annoce something major developer related, but that was not even on my radar.
    This is all fine and dandy, but I thought this was supposed to be a complaint thread .
    All this 'good news' is actually off-topic .
  7.    #187  
    im glad it became a complement thread, that means the complaints are slowly wearing off.......maybe????

or at least not as bad complaints
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I sure as hell am/will be complaining about the idiotic need to unlock my phone before I can silence my alarm. Riddikulus!
    No online multiplayer on Scrabble. For $7.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrandonf View Post
    I sure as hell am/will be complaining about the idiotic need to unlock my phone before I can silence my alarm. Riddikulus!
    i thought an alarm was to wake you up. as opposed to just hitting a button, your complaint is it does not allow you to sleep more?

i dont get it
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Just out of curiosity... can phones like the HTC Hero or Droid run NFS or have 3D games like NFS? And if they don't have them, how come it takes Palm 6 months to come out with a game like NFS and how long has Android been out?
    The droid has the same cpu/gpu combination that the pre and iphone 3gs have. These games will probably be ported to Android when 2.1 rolls out, I believe Android 2.1 has support for 3d.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i thought an alarm was to wake you up. as opposed to just hitting a button, your complaint is it does not allow you to sleep more?

i dont get it
    He may be talking about a snooze function. It'd be nice to tap the screen and have it know to snooze for a preset number of minutes. I'd be grumpy too if I had to sleepily fumble around with my phone just to get an extra 10 minutes of sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    He may be talking about a snooze function. It'd be nice to tap the screen and have it know to snooze for a preset number of minutes. I'd be grumpy too if I had to sleepily fumble around with my phone just to get an extra 10 minutes of sleep
    Exactly. I shouldve been more clear.
  14.    #194  
    i guess im just different on that issue. i dont set an alarm to sleep more. i set it to get up.

my wife and i discuss this all the time. HOWEVER she needs up at 7 and sets the alarm for 5:30.

i set mine when i need up and get up shortly there after. i get the remote and turn on the news and get focused on it then get up. same thing.

but i set my alarm for when i need to get up, not to realize i need to get up soon
    Pre be with you.

i guess im just different on that issue. i dont set an alarm to sleep more. i set it to get up.

my wife and i discuss this all the time. HOWEVER she needs up at 7 and sets the alarm for 5:30.

i set mine when i need up and get up shortly there after. i get the remote and turn on the news and get focused on it then get up. same thing.

but i set my alarm for when i need to get up, not to realize i need to get up soon
    I understand, but regardless of whether I need to get up right then or can afford to hit the snooze I'd rather not have to sit there and punch in my unlock code to silence the alarm.

I guess another complaint I have is that when you play music, either through Pandora or the music player, it's not automatically turned down to allow the alarm to sound off. And since I don't blast my music when I sleep the alarm is only as loud as my music...
    im glad it became a complement thread, that means the complaints are slowly wearing off.......maybe????

or at least not as bad complaints
    European users like me have to complain yet. one week and a half has past and we still don't get the 1.3.5 update, we haven't all the free apps in app cat and we still dont have paid apps.

Im wondering when you get 1.4.0... We'll have to wait a month for it.

Plus, google contacts arent sincyng anymore.
    Wish I had your willpower I hit snooze at least twice before I drag my **** out of bed. Awful habit, but I love sleep.
    What can I complain about now? Battery life. These 3D games and flash is just gonna chew threw the Pre Battery. Pre2 better have a bigger battery.
    Let's complain that our Pre doesn't do everything its competitors do, right out of the box...then complain that when it adds those additional features, and actually listens to our complaints, it doesn't do so at a rapid enough pace...

...and then let's complain that Palm didn't stop development altogether after the Pre 1.0, so our devices would always be the newest and sleekest and nobody else would ever get a more streamlined one or one with more memory or one wish a micro SD slot or...

Then let's complain that we're hypocrites.
    That Feature Soon (TM)