Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow, the OP got the phonebook treatment! LOL.

Without homebrew apps I would not be happy with the selection of free apps out there and I would be very bored with the phone as well. I still miss my V.V. the most.
    I love the pre.... but I do find myself looking at the Hero and wanting to play with it. I am what you would consider bored with the Pre. But I still love it too. I just like to try out all the technology.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I am used to the complaining threads but at this time being bored confuses me. Doom and Quake and that scrumm thing are all available and run flawlessly. Not a single choppy frame. The GPU is available to Linux in 1.3.5. CES announcement comes tomorrow and NFS is almost a 100% gurantee to be announced (if games are what you want). 1.3.1 included the ability to do some video recording, so they are obviously getting close to that (don't get me wrong, I would have hoped it'd be here months ago too). Oh, and lets not forget the native SDK is coming, which will allow all kinds of great apps that we've been missing.

Plus, from what I've read, we are getting close to being able to run any damned thing that runs in linux on our phones. By the time you get to actually having the phone for a year it will be completely different than it is right now.

So, I don't get how you can be bore at this moment. And you definitely won't be bored in a month.
    For me.... Being bored is just wanting a different phone and see how the operating system is. I want to play with the Hero. Not that I want to replace my Pre.

I don't have a ton of shoes like a normal girl. I go through cellphones.

Plus, I work on a cellphone forum... so Always trying something new is part of the fun.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I've been reading this thread for a year and I'm bored
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-im-over.html
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Looks like I asked for just the right stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Lol i have to many hobbies
    want to see a video when I strapped one of my phones upto a rc plane and shot video

I have tons of other hobbies and sometimes I include my phone :P
    but my poor pre wont be taking any rides in the air anytime soon "no video"
    That was actually fun to watch. Was that you at the end saying sh*it?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Wow, upperking you're damned good at that. I don't know what you do for a living or how old you are, but I bet some military agency could use ya with skills like that!
    I'll buy your Pre from you for $75 so you can use it as a down payment on a new Android phone.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

I have a Motorola Droid on Verizon and I'm considering selling it and picking up a Pre. The apps on Android are pretty terrible too. Yeah, there are a ton but they're all pretty horrible. There are only a handful of apps that I consider good. I have an iPhone before my Droid, and the apps on Android don't compare. Every apps I have on my Android, I can find one a million times better on the iPhone.

webOS is much much nicer than Android. Android seems like a beta product to me. App UIs are inconsistent. Some look decent, most look absolutely horrendous. webOS apps at least all look good and match the rest of the OS. Most developers don't take the time to add polish to their Android apps. After CES, you guys at least have decent 3d games. Android has nothing that competes with the game that you guys have.

Multitasking is clumsy compared to webOS. And Android gets just as boring after having it a couple months.

I'm trying to find some way to get a Pre without having to sell my Droid, but it looks like I'm going to have to get rid of Android. I'll be looking forward to getting my Pre though. Android is getting better, but it's doesn't compare with the polish of webOS and the iPhone OS.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

I have a Motorola Droid on Verizon and I'm considering selling it and picking up a Pre. The apps on Android are pretty terrible too. Yeah, there are a ton but they're all pretty horrible. There are only a handful of apps that I consider good. I have an iPhone before my Droid, and the apps on Android don't compare. Every apps I have on my Android, I can find one a million times better on the iPhone.

webOS is much much nicer than Android. Android seems like a beta product to me. App UIs are inconsistent. Some look decent, most look absolutely horrendous. webOS apps at least all look good and match the rest of the OS. Most developers don't take the time to add polish to their Android apps. After CES, you guys at least have decent 3d games. Android has nothing that competes with the game that you guys have.

Multitasking is clumsy compared to webOS. And Android gets just as boring after having it a couple months.

I'm trying to find some way to get a Pre without having to sell my Droid, but it looks like I'm going to have to get rid of Android. I'll be looking forward to getting my Pre though. Android is getting better, but it's doesn't compare with the polish of webOS and the iPhone OS.
    When I used the Hero I was just stuck with how much better WebOS in terms of the overall experience.

I can't comment on the apps really but once you get used to how seamlessly everything works on the Pre it's hard to go to something Andriod based (atleast in my experience). I'm sure you'll enjoy the Pre much more than the Droid in terms of overall experience and polish. It still has a ways to go, but it is getting there at a very admirable pace.
    Its funny because my gf got an HTC Hero last week and at first I was really jealous and I was wishing I had waited for hero to come out before I got the Pre.

I mean the amount of apps the android os already has is impressive and its certainly going to grow with the amount of android phones that enter the market, but the more I play with her Hero the more I realize I much prefer the functionality of the Pre.

I am nervous about the Pre's hardware issues and the lack of development if sales fall off, but I'm just really enjoying webos. While I was feeling down for a little bit thinking the Pre would just be a passing faze and then boom CES came along and renewed my hope. I'm feeling pretty good about owning a Pre right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    I have had the pre for a year now and I am really bored with it...
    My fatherin law bought a android and its amaziing how many apps and how cool that phone is. the only thing pre has better is the multi windows
    once android adds that function wow
    Pres apps suck IMO.. they are really basic and nothing worth buying for me..
    I was told when I bought the pre that in a couple months we would have the video and flash for the web.. blahh I came from a touch2 and it already has all that and there are more apps and better apps to boot...
    getten time for me to get rid of this phone
    palm keeps updating the phone but i think they are taking way to long giving us the features that should have been in the phone in the first place/...

It's funny when people post things like this.

Let me ask you this... how long has the Android based system existed?
    A year... it's been a little over double the time WebOS has been up and running...

What about the Iphone OS?
    Almost three years.

6 months in technology terms is what, 2 or 3 years in real life terms?

Do you REALLY THINK that the Android/iPhone's app stores looked ANYTHING like they do now... 6 months in?
    No!

Give it time, Palm is really starting to get going... we saw that three days ago.

Relax.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12