1.    #1  
    So my AT&T contract is up at the end of the week, and I'm going Sprint starting next Monday. I've been looking into webOS for some time now, and am pretty stoked on it; my only gripe is that I love the form factor of the Pixi, but don't want to be limited to running an app or two at a time.
    I'd be stoked on switching to an Android device too, but would really like a tactile keyboard.
    I would mostly be using the phone for messaging, social networks, etc., but I really haven't had a full-powered phone (my only smartphone was a 8 year old blackberry that replaced my then-stolen phone for a few weeks), so I don't really know how heavily I would use the phone for other purposes. It would also replace my iPod shuffle as my PMP.
    So, unless someone can Frankenstein me a Prixi, should I go for the form of the Pixi, or the power of the Pre? Or should I suck it up and get a Hero?
    Do you need WiFi? Pixi does not have it.

Wifi really helps me preserve the battery on my Pre, especially at home where my Sprint signal is not very strong.
    Sprint has a very good 30 day return policy, I believe. Why don't you try them on for size?
    i am pretty much in the same boat: my wife has a pixi and I am on the cusp of a new phone...I love playing with the pixi--seems plenty fast, but I would like the bigger screen size of the pre...love the pixi form factor so much though...I might just wait 6 months and hope palm's next device is a hybrid of the two...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    i am pretty much in the same boat: my wife has a pixi and I am on the cusp of a new phone...I love playing with the pixi--seems plenty fast, but I would like the bigger screen size of the pre...love the pixi form factor so much though...I might just wait 6 months and hope palm's next device is a hybrid of the two...
    Go for it, Pre is quite good. Also if you talk about form.. I have big hands. Typing is a little getting used to but now can do it in my sleep. The intuitiveness of the WebOS is quite good, making it a snap to work with it. I frankly don't have lag issues that others complain about. Sat next to a guy with the ICattle Phone and beat him handily when comparing (have nothing against apple) Agree having WiFi helps with battery life. 1.3.5 upgrade has helped as well.
    The Droid by Moto is a "brick" and not comfortable to slide in your pocket. Keyboard is "dead" and makes you question what you type. Their other model seems to do social stuff very well but dunno that myself. Good luck!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Go for it, Pre is quite good. Also if you talk about form.. I have big hands. Typing is a little getting used to but now can do it in my sleep. The intuitiveness of the WebOS is quite good, making it a snap to work with it. I frankly don't have lag issues that others complain about. Sat next to a guy with the ICattle Phone and beat him handily when comparing (have nothing against apple) Agree having WiFi helps with battery life. 1.3.5 upgrade has helped as well.
    The Droid by Moto is a "brick" and not comfortable to slide in your pocket. Keyboard is "dead" and makes you question what you type. Their other model seems to do social stuff very well but dunno that myself. Good luck!
    wait are you saying with the pixi or the pre? haha. my main concern with the pixi is it's power, not it's keyboard. i love that 'board. but my thumbs run into the bottom of the slider on the pre the two times ive played with it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    Sprint has a very good 30 day return policy, I believe. Why don't you try them on for size?
    i just may have to do this!