Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi guys...I am wondering how can I extract a certain txt message log? Like I want to extract the txt messages my girlfriend and I have been exchanging for the past month or so haha. Like I haven`t deleted them, I just want to extract them onto my computer. She sent some stuff that I need to check but I have like soo many txts from her that it sucks going through it on the phone. Any help?

Thanks.
    well, like, you could like transcribe them but like I dont think there is any program that will like do it for you
    When you are at the screen with all your gf's text messages, do a Copy All (tap on the top, left and then on Edit). Then go to email, open a compose card, paste it all, and email it to yourself.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    yeah...also I have the phone rooted. Can I not go into root directory and copy the txt message file? It's easier said than done hahaha I wish I knew which directory the messages where in.
    Here is what I've done to save a texting conversation. This will save the conversation as it was typed, but without the person's name next to each chat text. You will have the full conversation, but have to know who was saying what (I hope that makes sense).

1) Open the conversation you want to save
    2) Tap the top left corner of the screen to bring down the Menu and choose "Edit" and the "Copy All"
    3) Go to your email application and open up an new email to send
    4) Tap in the body of the new email to make sure the curser isn't in the address line.
    5) Tap the top left corner of the screen to bring down the Menu and choose "Edit" and then "Paste".

These steps will paste your entire conversation into a new email which you can then email to yourself (or significant other) to save.

Like I said, it will allow you to save your full conversation by emailing it to yourself, but will not have the username for each chat line saved so you will simply have to know who said each line.

I hope this work-around helps!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Here is what I've done to save a texting conversation. This will save the conversation as it was typed, but without the person's name next to each chat text. You will have the full conversation, but have to know who was saying what (I hope that makes sense).

1) Open the conversation you want to save
    2) Tap the top left corner of the screen to bring down the Menu and choose "Edit" and the "Copy All"
    3) Go to your email application and open up an new email to send
    4) Tap in the body of the new email to make sure the curser isn't in the address line.
    5) Tap the top left corner of the screen to bring down the Menu and choose "Edit" and then "Paste".

These steps will paste your entire conversation into a new email which you can then email to yourself (or significant other) to save.

Like I said, it will allow you to save your full conversation by emailing it to yourself, but will not have the username for each chat line saved so you will simply have to know who said each line.

I hope this work-around helps!
    Awesome idea buddy...I just tried it and it worked but kinda. Like we have exchanged 150+ txt messages. Now the pre only caches a small percentage of it as you scroll through. So When I try to copy it, it only copies the part that has been cached. I do appreciate your help though

Any more ideas?
    if you extract the palmdatabase.db3 (located in /var/luna/data/dbdata) youll find that most of the messages are in the Table com_palm_pim_FolderEntry you can export that into a csv and sift through the database

download sqlite browser here Download SQLite Database Browser from SourceForge.net
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    Awesome idea buddy...I just tried it and it worked but kinda. Like we have exchanged 150+ txt messages. Now the pre only caches a small percentage of it as you scroll through. So When I try to copy it, it only copies the part that has been cached. I do appreciate your help though

Any more ideas?
    Um... yeah.... that number of messages would be a bit of a problem. Try sketch42's idea and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    if you extract the palmdatabase.db3 (located in /var/luna/data/dbdata) youll find that most of the messages are in the Table com_palm_pim_FolderEntry you can export that into a csv and sift through the database

download sqlite browser here Download SQLite Database Browser from SourceForge.net
    That worked perfectly....had to clean up the CSV file but worked perfectly. Thank you for your help