Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I want to re-install preware since the 1.3.5 update. I went into WebOS quick install and tried to reinstall it, but when I follow the install preware guide it doesn't work:

when I click the blue down arrow, it is stuck on loading. I can't see the little icon to install preware as i did before. Do I also need a new version of webosquick install? How do i do that? also, by having preware installed, my developer mode is always on. I think someone said this was a bit of a security risk....what can i do? Any thoughts...

Thanks
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    update to the newest webos quickinstall

get it here:

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ickInstall.jar

I know you need at least 2.95 to be compatible with 1.3.5 see if that works. Make sure you download package manager service first as well, unless you already have that on your phone.

There is a standalone Preware installer that you can use but it doesn't work yet with 1.3.5, so if it comes to it you could always wait for that to be an option.

Also, I was under the impression (correct me if i'm wrong) but you only need devmode enabled to install preware, once its on the phone you can turn devmode back to off.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just reinstalled preware using the old version of WOSQI, and it seems to work. Where do i go to update to the newest version of WOSQI? Do I basically need to delete the current version and follow the same link and just get the newest version of WOSQI? That will require me to get the new webOS doctor i guess.....