1.    #1  
    I had a bad install of one of my themes & instead of waiting for Jason's Repair Utility ( which i should have done ) I attempted to run the webOS Doctor for 1.3.5 & start fresh. Well, after it was completed, i noticed my homebrew applications were still installed & their icons were still the same as the theme i was attempting to get rid of. I Orange + Tapped to delete all the apps, & when i reinstalled PMS & PreWare, i saw i still had 102 Packages installed. When i took a look, all of my Patches & Services were still considered installed. I tried to remove the patches but received an error, 'Ignoring Hunks' & even the EPR failed.

I am re-Doctoring my device as i type this & i plan to access the new application directory in /media, & try deleting items from there. I'll post my results once i get them.

I just want to give users a heads up if they have Homebrew on their Pre / Pixi & are planning to use the webOS Doctor.
    yeah all my patches are showing up as applications in webos quick install lol cant wait for the new quick installer and web doctor either lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had to do this as well. The best solution I found was to go in via webos quick install and forcibly remove the app directory, then re-doctor.

Messy, but it worked. Let me know if you've got an easier way!
    a partial erase will do the trick also. I had the same problem also. After I doctored my phone I installed preware and all my patches showed that they were still installed which they were not. So I took a trip to the webos internal irc chat and someone helped me. I deleted the ipkg patches in the terminal app but I don't remember what he made me type. But he told me another way is to do a partial erase. But you will lose all of your apps and will have to redownload them.
  5.    #5  
    Wow. I would have been willing to do that over what i'm in the middle of... Thanks skinneejay. I'm sure i'll have this happen again & knowing a Partial Erase will fix it is a big help. No more Doctoring, & using Command Line to manually remove stuff.

~Thanks!
    Based on advice from a similar thread, I did the partial erase followed by the webOS Doctor for 1.3.5. It all worked fine from my laptop and my Pre is happy again. My reinstalled tweeks, apps and patches all work great, but now I see that my desktop machine's latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.96) can't see my Pre on the "just charge setting". The USB setting works fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the novacom drivers, but still no luck yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallaher View Post
    Based on advice from a similar thread, I did the partial erase followed by the webOS Doctor for 1.3.5. It all worked fine from my laptop and my Pre is happy again. My reinstalled tweeks, apps and patches all work great, but now I see that my desktop machine's latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.96) can't see my Pre on the "just charge setting". The USB setting works fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the novacom drivers, but still no luck yet.
    Do you have dev mode enabled? Can be overlooked pretty easily.
    My fix was just to download the webosdoctor for 1.3.1, once the restore was done I just upgraded back to 1.3.5

Be careful if you do not sync with google contacts as reverting back to the old version will kill your contacts unless you use a dummy profile until you upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrdorn View Post
    My fix was just to download the webosdoctor for 1.3.1, once the restore was done I just upgraded back to 1.3.5

Be careful if you do not sync with google contacts as reverting back to the old version will kill your contacts unless you use a dummy profile until you upgrade.
    Doesn't this only apply to those who use palm's backup solution?