1. pb
    Hotsync transferred too much unwanted junk from my Treo (wise after event) so I want to reset. However, uninstalling Classic does not seem to remove data, as a fresh install resulted in two datasets - so had the opposite effect!!

How can I remove all data related to Classic from my Pre and reinstall a fresh copy?

Or... is it worth trying a factory reset of the Pre to virgin state?

thanks for any tips

pb
    Start classic then swipe down from the top left corner to reveal the menu. Now select options -> Hard Reset

That will take you back to a virgin state in classic.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3. pb
    thanks - that sounds like the solution but is a completely clean Pre likely to be better. The reason I ask is that I deleted Classic but the data was still present when I reinstalled Classic. Now, it is some of that junk data that I want rid of.

Hence I am still a little puzzled about how Pre/Classic deals with data.

I will look around but is there an obvious place in here that explains the virtual memory card and suchlike so that I can work out how to zap data if I want to?

pb