1.    #1  
    Every time I try to log into Yahoo! messenger on my pre, it gets stuck at the spinning wheel/signing in part.

Sometimes I'm able to get it to work, but after a couple of hours, it gets stuck at the signing in state.

I've tried just re-entering my password, no luck.
    I've tried completely deleting my account, resetting, and then re-adding the account, no luck.
    I've tried deleting my account, doctoring my pre, and then re-adding the account, no luck.

Is this a Palm, Sprint, or Yahoo! Thing?

Also, I know it's not due to lack of internet, b/c I was connected through my home wifi the entire time.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Try turning your Wifi OFF and using Sprint's service. I had a similar problem with my Hero until I did this. For some reason it wouldn't log into Yahoo unless I was on Sprint. It might be the same type of glitch with Yahoo's security to get in.
    Make sure another computer on your network isn't already logged into Yahoo at the same time too, that could be hanging it up while on Wifi.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was having the same trouble earlier too. It seems to have cleared up for me, at least for now. It may have simply been an issue with Yahoo. Maybe even Palm. I didn't have any trouble logging into my Google Talk account though.
  4.    #4  
    I don't have any problem on my Google Talk, but I'd much rather use my yahoo, and I've tried using the Sprints service. No luck. Am talking with a palm representative now. -_-"

We'll see how that goes...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    :mad same problem here, cant not log in to accs gmail and aim for a few days now call sprint the guy told me to reset the pass word to my accs but no luck.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, no help from the palm people.. *cries* and no one else seems to be interested, and not enough people are having the problem so no solution exists.. *sigh* this sucks
    I'm having the same problem, as well. It was working fine on 1.3.1. Any ideas?
    I believe it was mentioned in another thread that Yahoo Messenger doesn't get along with Preware's Package Manager Service. If you have Preware installed, try removing it (and PMS), reboot, and try Yahoo again.

I've been having this problem too, FWIW. Haven't tried ditching Preware to fix it. Randomly, a few days after upgrading to 1.3.5, Pre asked me to re-enter my Yahoo credentials (and only my Yahoo ones). Dunno what's up with the big purple Y.
    I had that issue too - I dont use the mail or contacts so I deleted those and then my messenger signed in no problem at all again
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Pixilee, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you deleted your mail and contacts. Are you saying that you removed yahoo mail and yahoo contacts from your pre and then yahoo messenger started working? If that is the case, that is not a viable solution. Mail and Contacts work fine. All I'm doing is just trying to sign into yahoo messenger. Synergy will then sync up mail and contacts automatically.
    VCI Cell, I ditched PMS and Preware and it is still not signing into any of the messeanger applications (GTalk, AIM or Yahoo). Do you have the link to the other thread discussion about this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by kedevore View Post
    Pixilee, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you deleted your mail and contacts. Are you saying that you removed yahoo mail and yahoo contacts from your pre and then yahoo messenger started working? If that is the case, that is not a viable solution. Mail and Contacts work fine. All I'm doing is just trying to sign into yahoo messenger. Synergy will then sync up mail and contacts automatically.
    yes, i went into contacts, and into email and removed the yahoo account - and yes, i know thats not viable for everyone, i just dont use my yahoo mail or contacts, and it worked for me
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by kedevore View Post
    VCI Cell, I ditched PMS and Preware and it is still not signing into any of the messeanger applications (GTalk, AIM or Yahoo). Do you have the link to the other thread discussion about this problem?
    Sadly, no ... But I'm sure a detailed search would uncover it.
  14.    #14  
    Ok, I just went back to 1.3.1 and checked, and my yahoo worked fine. I performed a partial erase and signed into a Dummy palm profile, then I updated to 1.3.5.1 and yahoo still doesn't work.
  15.    #15  
    Okay for those of you having trouble with the Yahoo! Messenger or the messenger in general, I fixed the problem on my phone!

Here is a step by step instruction of what helped me:

1. Doctor your Pre. The WebOS Doctor that I have is the 1.3.1 version.
    2. After finished Doctoring, go ahead and sign into your regular Palm Profile.
    Here is the important part!
    3. You need to back up your Palm Profile Contacts. To do that, you'll need to visit two other forums:
    The first is here This will give you detailed instructions on how to extract your contacts. It's missing the link on how to pull the db3 file, and here that is.
    4. After you've extracted your contacts, you need to upload the CSV file to google, outlook, or some other email profile.
    5. Next you need to click on the "Back-up" app on your phone and turn them off. Doing this will erase the previous back up, which is important because this is what's causing the glitch.
    6. Now go into the "Device Info" app, click on "Reset Options", then click on Partial Erase.
    7. When signing back into your palm Profile after the partial erase, there's no more profiles to link up to, so it should sign in and then just restart your phone.
    8. Now click the "Update" app and update it. This takes a very long time because the update for 1.3.5.1 is very large, so be patient.
    9. After this, update your contacts, emails, calendar, and save your messaging for last.
    Viola! it should be fixed. ^_^
    Last edited by loopybandnerd; 01/08/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    OK I got issues with yahoo on my palm pre. I cant log in, fails. I know of another person with a palm pre and the same issue. Any help here would be great 01/18/2009
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yes, I've been having the same problem for a bit now too. I don't have any patches or homebrew apps. Apparently I am online as my friend can see me on Yahoo, but I can't see any of my contacts. I just get that spinning thing going on forever.

Update: OK, never mind about being online with Yahoo. now I get notices that I can't logon to Yahoo mail as well.
    Last edited by theyams; 04/26/2010 at 12:50 PM.
    everytime I tried to log in would either spin or say it was unable to connect. I deleted my yahoo email and it signed into yahoo Im without a prob and has been working fine ever since...running webos version 1.4.1.1 with like 20 or so patchs and a ton of homebrew apps.
    Last edited by nocoolnames; 04/26/2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added more details
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nocoolnames View Post
    everytime I tried to log in would either spin or say it was unable to connect. I deleted my yahoo email and it signed into yahoo Im without a prob and has been working fine ever since...running webos version 1.4.1.1 with like 20 or so patchs and a ton of homebrew apps.
    I tried this (deleting my yahoo mail) and it still doesn't log in to yahoo IM. Tried deleting and reinstalling Yahoo IM but I still get the continuous spinning icon. Nothing has worked so far.