Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just a random post of why I think this OS is by far the best out there....

I've played around with both an apple and android phones and they just don't compare when it comes to multitasking obviously. For me the one one thing that i love about this phone (and would therefore almost die if palm somehow fails...which i know they won't) is that it truly multitasks. I know this is preaching to the choir, but I hope people read this who are new or thinking about the pre. Since I am so random in thought at times, I love how one second I am loading up a webpage, but I need to quickly note down that I need to return a movie tomorrow by 5, and also would like to answer the text that just came. With the pre I loaded up the page, left that card and quickly launched calendar and put in the movie reminder (that's how I handle tasks...i know weird right..), and answered the text. Then I threw off both those cards and came back to my loaded webpage.

Just try to do that with iphone or android. With the pre, everything was right on the screen, quick and intuitive. With android or iphone I would need to remember that I launched a webpage, then go to separate menus for text and calendar. because they are not on the screen, I wouldn't be able to remember which thing I was working on. Obviously, these are not life changing moments, but the pre is a phone that is most suited for a person in a sense that it let's you get on with your life without menus and other crap to deal with. I wish that palm showcased this type of intuitiveness with their commercials so that people really know what a great phone this is.

And just to continue to ramble if you are willing to read:

Why do you all think that palm is not showing features like this on their commercials...a real close up of what the phone does? I really don't understand their marketing at all.

That being said, I don't believe all these rumors that palm will fail. They have a great OS. I know this is stupid, but I honestly don't see myself using another phone's OS once i've experienced this. What do you all think?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Sorry, forgot one other thing. I have only seen one other person with a pre, and am just curious how many you have seen in the wild. It kills me that I show my pre to people and what it can do and they go WOW, I DIDN'T KNOW IT DID THAT, or THAT'S SOOOO COOOL......how do people still don't know 6 months in!!!! It's sad....
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I like the Pre a lot. The only thing I don't like about it, which I am sure will be fixed in Pre 2 (or whatever is the replacement) is the build quality. While the build quality is not bad, I wish it felt a little more sturdy in the hand. I feel they are moving WebOS long beautifully at a very good pace and I think WebOS has a lot of potential. I do hope Palm makes it, because I will keep my Pre until either a) they come out with Pre 2 or b) they go under and I have to get something else.

Apart from my brother, I've only seen one person with a Pre in person... they do seem scarce.
    I have seen about 8 people in the DC metro area. Never more than one other at a time though.
    I've seen a good amount of pres in the minneapolis mn area. I actually saw a cop talking to a random person who also had a pre and I walked up and was like hey I have it too. Of course they were so shocked about all the cool patches and what not I had. So I told them to come to the website. Lol
    I have convinced several friends to get a Pre. I can count 7 people that I work with that have it, with more planning on getting it. I really do believe that I should have some sort of commission.
    Here in Tallahassee, I have seen quite a few people with the Pre. My wife and I have both talked serveral people into get the Pre.. I have gotten my brother in NY to buy the Pre.. And He and my wifes supervisor are members of Precentral. I keep on telling them about the new patches.. And they love the phone. So my wife and I are with the Pre till the end....
    650p, 700p, Pre
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I have convinced several friends to get a Pre. I can count 7 people that I work with that have it, with more planning on getting it. I really do believe that I should have some sort of commission.
    There is...

Sprint Referral Rewards Program

I made $125 so far!
    I got to agree with the OP.

I think it is great that Palm has unlocked the access to the GPU (or will soon, see DOOM), but if that is what they are going to talk about at CES they are making a mistake. All they will do is announce a feature that everyone else already has.

Instead they need to beat the drums about their beautiful, intuitive UI. The incredible gesture system. The flawless multitasking system, and more importantly talk about their Synergy. WebOS is the only platform in the world (both desktop and handheld) that you can sync to multiplle exchange servers, multiple Google accounts, Yahoo, Linkedin, Facebook contacts and then does a fantastic job of displaying and linking the data. This is what the CES demo should focus on if they want to attract more users.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I hav seen 3 other peeps with the pre, and it's true most of my friends and other people don't know what this phone is or what it can do.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The only other people I've seen in Northern VA that have the Pre are my brother (who works for Sprint) and other Sprint employees. Everyone else that I show my phone always asks what it is and no ones ever heard of it....Sad.

On another note, have to agree with the OP regarding the comparison between the Pre, iphone, and android. IMO, after owning a Pre and then moving back to the iphone for play, the iphone feels sluggish to move around compared to the Pre. Same with the Hero. I bought a Hero for my personal line less than a week ago and am returning it this weeked. Its a decent phone, but I got frustrated with the buttons, mmoving around the screens and apps, and the look of certain apps. Its a nice phone, but the to me the Pre allows me to accomplish more quicker. Not only that, the email, text, IM all look old to me compared to the look on the Pre. Not having all of my texts and IM's grouped together, as well as emails, was frustrating too. There were many things about the Hero that were better and that I liked compared to the Pre, but on a whole the Pre is the one for me.
    Just wanted to jump in here and mention that it is nice to see a thread that isn't full of people complaining (so far anyways)...I understand the rants on lost contacts from palm profile (they lost mine)...even the rants of those on their 3rd and 4th Pre...but a lot of rants here are a lack of patience...I also believe Palm Pre will continue to grow and will surprise many...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Just wanted to jump in here and mention that it is nice to see a thread that isn't full of people complaining (so far anyways)...I understand the rants on lost contacts from palm profile (they lost mine)...even the rants of those on their 3rd and 4th Pre...but a lot of rants here are a lack of patience...I also believe Palm Pre will continue to grow and will surprise many...
    +1. We'll see if this actually stays complaint free. I've noticed that whenever comparisons are made between phones, especially the Pre, iphone and android, it gets ugly. Especially around here.
    I find myself yelling at the tv all the time now, 'can your phone do this' YES YOU MOFO!!!!!

I like droid, iPhone is alright but I hate VZ and ATT so it wouldn't ever be a comparison, Palm and Pre are perfect for what I do with the phone, I don't play games, I need a great messaging program which it has, I do a lot at once which I can do, and it's not a huge bulky phone where I might as well get a netbook! and not to mention... it's sprint... which gives me just about unlimited EVERYTHING For 66 bucks a month with tax, you'll never hear me complaining for the total package this phone allows me to have
    I know it's kinda of selfish, but I like having a phone that nobody else has, I just have never been the iclone type.
    Global Posts
    985 Global Posts
    The other day I was on my way home from work (as a passenger) it amazed me how I had Sprint Navigation, precentral, facebook app, email, and text messaging all while listening to Pandora. I kept switching back and forth between apps with out the pre even breaking a sweat
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I like the Pre a lot. The only thing I don't like about it, which I am sure will be fixed in Pre 2 (or whatever is the replacement) is the build quality. While the build quality is not bad, I wish it felt a little more sturdy in the hand. I feel they are moving WebOS long beautifully at a very good pace and I think WebOS has a lot of potential. I do hope Palm makes it, because I will keep my Pre until either a) they come out with Pre 2 or b) they go under and I have to get something else.

Apart from my brother, I've only seen one person with a Pre in person... they do seem scarce.
    What I like is the shape, fits easily in the pocket and smooth in the hands. Good combi of form function.
    Try that with the Moto Droid, more like a brick and the Iphone more like a slab.. (Hey Islab anyone?). WebOS works for me. All in all they will continue to improve on WebOS and I'm sure the next gen hardware.

Happy New Year to all!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    just to comment off some earlier posts, i've been trying to sell the pre to anyone new getting a phone. My boyfriend and his family all upgraded to hero and the moment.

they currently complain how the UIs are confusing and there are too many menus. My bf mentioned that he would go with webOS if it was just a bit faster, and had more apps. Those will come in time.

i've also foundmyself selling the idea of a pre at two different sprint stores. Ppl just walk up to it and I offer to show them how it works. Personally, I think I may have hopefully convinced some ppl!
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I have seen about 8 people in the DC metro area. Never more than one other at a time though.
    Ditto for me in the DC-Metro area.
    I've only seen one person with a Pre before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast