Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I see a bunch of people have had problems with 1.3.5 which draws most of the air time, but this update was long time anticipated for me and it is exactly what I wanted. Some folks have said why care about the app limit, I'm saying I'm glad its gone. The flood gates finally opened for my little Pre and I've migrated (EMH) my homebrews over and am installing dozens of free and paid apps (mostly buying my old homebrew apps that graduated <by the way: what happend to Blobber>). I'd actually like it if they added a wish list option so you could remember to come back to certain apps you may not be precisely ready to buy.
    Are there any numbers showing a spike in webOS app downloads and purchases since this update? I can't be the only one.

I now actually check the app catelog - before hand, it was pointless since I could install a single new thing without removing a dozen homebrews. I'm hoping this update will lead to app catelog success leading to further webOS success and progress.
    Completely agreed, today was my first time I really looked through the app catalog in months. I think people have been way too impatient and demanding about this update - Palm reorganized the whole app file system - of course there will be dependencies to be sorted out with Preware and homebrew apps/patches. I'm actually quite impressed with the developers, the new package manager and preware versions (and the emergency migration helper) were out within hours of the 1.3.5 release.

The font of the time on the locked screen was most certainly not the only change of this update, as some have alleged.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    I see a bunch of people have had problems with 1.3.5 which draws most of the air time, but this update was long time anticipated for me and it is exactly what I wanted. Some folks have said why care about the app limit, I'm saying I'm glad its gone. The flood gates finally opened for my little Pre and I've migrated (EMH) my homebrews over and am installing dozens of free and paid apps (mostly buying my old homebrew apps that graduated <by the way: what happend to Blobber>). I'd actually like it if they added a wish list option so you could remember to come back to certain apps you may not be precisely ready to buy.
    Are there any numbers showing a spike in webOS app downloads and purchases since this update? I can't be the only one.

I now actually check the app catelog - before hand, it was pointless since I could install a single new thing without removing a dozen homebrews. I'm hoping this update will lead to app catelog success leading to further webOS success and progress.
    I tend to agree. I had some trouble downloading apps when the upgrade completed but like you I ran the Emergency Migration Helper which fixed that little problem. And so far, I've bought, downloaded, and installed at least three apps which I wouldn't have otherwise downloaded simply because I couldn't due to the app limit. Best of all my Pre is fast again....
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Havent checked the app catalog in what seems like forever...that being said, i spent all night last night going through the apps and downloading like a mad man
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    After installing update and reinstalling my theme and patches everything seemed fine. Then for some inexplicable reason I decided to check my updates again, just to see if it would tell me to update 1.3.5 again,(happened before with 1.3.1). There it said there were updates for eleven apps. I have from the app. store and that I could update all at once, well six of them failed to update, kept getting system needs to readjust warning over and over. Tried rebooting, took battery out, same warning. I decided to sleep on it and check forum for answers this a.m. and found this thread. Ran the emergency migration helper and like magic everything is perfect. Love this phone and love this forum, thanks guys and gals!