1.    #1  
    I recently read, with the implementation of 1.3.5, and the removal of the app limit, all future app installs would be installed to the USB directory of the device? I am wondering whether it is worth my time to unistall all homebrew apps and then reinstall them so, that they're in the new USB directory.

Can we list some pros vs cons here of why one would or wouldn't spend the time to xfer apps to the USB portion of our devices?

(I personally have a handful of time spent tweaking some presently installed homebrew apps, and just don't want to spend a few hours uninstalling, reinstalling, retweaking everything)

Thanks for any feedback.
    The biggest thing is that Email attachments are still in the restricted size partition. Moving the apps over would give some head room for that if needed. Otherwise there probably isn't a real pressing need.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    A big con is that if you use SyncToy (which I do) to synchronize your folders on your USB drive partition of your Pre to your desktop, then you have to set up individual folder pairs to sync specific folders. Otherwise it will try and sync all of the encrypted data from all of your apps. It is a decently big bummer for me. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    I recently read, with the implementation of 1.3.5, and the removal of the app limit, all future app installs would be installed to the USB directory of the device? I am wondering whether it is worth my time to unistall all homebrew apps and then reinstall them so, that they're in the new USB directory.

Can we list some pros vs cons here of why one would or wouldn't spend the time to xfer apps to the USB portion of our devices?

(I personally have a handful of time spent tweaking some presently installed homebrew apps, and just don't want to spend a few hours uninstalling, reinstalling, retweaking everything)

Thanks for any feedback.
    there is a migration patch. that moves all your homebrew apps for you. you can do that
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    there is a migration patch. that moves all your homebrew apps for you. you can do that
    There's a migration HELPER that works around a problem that stops Palm's app migration from working.

Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post

Thanks for any feedback.
    When Luna starts in 1.3.5 it will automatically migrate all of your apps, you won't have to uninstall/reinstall.

The only issues you may run into are with non-mojo app homebrew packages like services and linux utilties, as they will probably need to be reinstalled. All the mojo apps (catalog and homebrew) will seamlessly be migrated. Just need to install the EMH helper first to make sure that none of the services or other packages will stop the Palm app migration process.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate