Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    My primary email account on the Pre is an IMAP account, which I have notifications turned on for. Prior to 1.3.5, if I had new mail notifications on the screen, and I read those messages using my desktop email client, the notifications would disappear almost instantly for each message as I read them.

Now, in 1.3.5, the notifications remain until I open the email app on the Pre. Anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    My primary email account on the Pre is an IMAP account, which I have notifications turned on for. Prior to 1.3.5, if I had new mail notifications on the screen, and I read those messages using my desktop email client, the notifications would disappear almost instantly for each message as I read them.

Now, in 1.3.5, the notifications remain until I open the email app on the Pre. Anyone else experience this?
    That happened in 1.3.1 also. For me, at least....
    same here. I dont actually remember every reading an email on the desktop and having the Pre mark the email as read. Not after a million refreshes of the email
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Well, I can tell you with IMAP and a server that supports IMAP IDLE, when you read a message on desktop, the Pre would mark it read within seconds. Likewise, the notification would also disappear.

As it turns out I posted this message in the Palm support forums, and they marked it as a bug.
    I too am having this frustrating problem. Prior to 1.3.5, using my Pre with Fastmail (which supports the IMAP IDLE command), the notification on the Pre would disappear instantly when the email was read on the desktop. Not anymore. Can someone provide a link to the Palm bug report? I thought I might post there as well to try to push them to fix this issue.
    +1... Same issue here since 1.3.5.1 update.
    mine started working after webos doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    mine started working after webos doctor
    Interesting. I guess I'll try that. Just out of curiosity, who is your IMAP email provider?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Interesting. I guess I'll try that. Just out of curiosity, who is your IMAP email provider?

gmail through google apps for your domain and also gmail.com
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I did webos dr and no dice on IMAP IDLE with Fastmail.. Same result
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I did webos dr and no dice on IMAP IDLE with Fastmail.. Same result
    Same for me. WebOS Doctor did not fix the problem. And to think this used to work so well.
    It seems that if I change the sync settings to something other than "as items arrive" the notification for new email that is then read on the desktop disappears after the next "ping" from the Pre email client back to the IMAP server. Not a great solution I realize (I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of using the Pre with an email service that supports IMAP IDLE) but perhaps the best option until this issue is fixed by Palm?
    Last edited by smartphoney; 01/19/2010 at 03:08 PM.