1.    #1  
    I will be going to a GSM country in a few days.... and i will be there for an entire month... I know the WebOS update is coming next month...

Here's the dilemma i thought of...

Doesnt Palm FORCE you to update to the next OS after a few days the update is out?

Well, what if that happens in this non-CDMA country, doesnt the Pre re-load the Palm Profile after the update? THen my re-installation will fail because there will be no Sprint signal where i am going.

Is this a possible cause for worry?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I will be going to a GSM country in a few days.... and i will be there for an entire month... I know the WebOS update is coming next month...

Here's the dilemma i thought of...

Doesnt Palm FORCE you to update to the next OS after a few days the update is out?

Well, what if that happens in this non-CDMA country, doesnt the Pre re-load the Palm Profile after the update? THen my re-installation will fail because there will be no Sprint signal where i am going.

Is this a possible cause for worry?
    The Palm Profile is not re-loaded after an OTA update. However, if the update process screws up and you end up Doctoring the phone, you would indeed be SOL. My advice would be to create a Meta-Doctor ROM now, before you need it, if you plan to do the update outside of the country.

If you are worried about a forced update, you can find instructions on how to turn the update daemon off.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    I spent some time in East Asia recently during the time the 1.3.1 update came out, and I hooked up to local wifi and grabbed it with no problems. I also left the phone on airplane mode the whole time I was there. Also it seemed like if I had waited until I came home to the US to apply the update there probably wouldn't have been any issues either.
  4.    #4  
    great responses! thanks so much! you make me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    great responses! thanks so much! you make me feel better
    ive been in mexico for the past 2 weeks on the worldwide data plan for 40 bucks extra and im roaming on the telcel network which is gsm...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!