1.    #1  
    I just got a new palm pre from the store and it worked well but didn't have the latest webos so I downloaded 1.3.1 and now it's VERY slow. Even pressing buttons in email hangs for a while. Any suggestions?
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble at the first hurdle. I've gotta tell you as much as I love the Pre, it is quite a slow device. Opening an email can take 1-2 seconds for me. Do you know anyone else with a Pre you could compare it to? It may be that this lag is normal. Alternatively, if there really is a problem, you could format your Pre and start again using WebOS Doctor. The link is here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I think it is just the nature of webOS at this point in time. It is super slow for what it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble at the first hurdle. I've gotta tell you as much as I love the Pre, it is quite a slow device. Opening an email can take 1-2 seconds for me. Do you know anyone else with a Pre you could compare it to? It may be that this lag is normal. Alternatively, if there really is a problem, you could format your Pre and start again using WebOS Doctor. The link is here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    I have a different issue but i was in desperate need of the webos versions!
    Thanks..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    My girlfriend has one. I agree that it is a slow OS but the problem I was having seems to have been fixed by a restart. For some reason after installing 1.3.1 something was slowing it waaay down and restarting the device seems to have fixed it.
    Could it be it's slow because it's loading all your data? Check again after a day.