1.    #1  
    My pre had been messing up ultimately with patches incorrectly installed and themes mixed up, so I doctor'd it today.

I've got the sign in screen, put in my email, my password, hit enter, and boom.

Sign In Failed

You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again.

I'm sitting in my room which always has excellent EVDO signal in Sprint. I don't have any data connection in the top bar and I can't click it in order to activate wi-fi.

What do I do?
  2.    #2  
    Had a chat with Palm through the logmein chat and they say I should ask sprint to get data connection on my Pre. I'll be going to Sprint today to see if they'll comply or tell me it's an issue with Palm.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    emergency call, delete 911 then type ##786# reset, youll need your MSL. Phone will wipe and restore, the run first setup and it should reprogram to the network and allow you to log in.
    i'm having a similair problem with my Pre. it did the whole no service thing, but i got that issue taken care of by Sprint chat tech support on their website. i was able to get the EV back on, but still acnt remove everything else.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    emergency call, delete 911 then type ##786# reset, youll need your MSL. Phone will wipe and restore, the run first setup and it should reprogram to the network and allow you to log in.
    Does the msl change from phone to phone? I had my msl for my instinct.

Anywho, I paid sprint a visit today and the tech rep was glad to help. Clicked a couple things on his computer, reset my pre and BAM the EV signal was there. No charge