1.    #1  
    Greetings all,

With the update in the pipe, I took the time to study here and remove all the patches I had used Preware to install. Never added any themes yet, so I'm clear there.

What I'm curious about is the app "My Notifications" - will the changes it made to my notification sound be enough to screw up the update?

Plus, do I assume correctly that rebooting after installing Preware, the phone went out of Dev mode?
    I don't think you should worry about My Notifications, I don't use it personally but if it's just an app (no service which needed to be installed to run it) than it should be just fine.

But as far as the phone going out of Dev mode I don't see why it should do this, and unless its a new feature it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpetersen View Post
    What I'm curious about is the app "My Notifications" - will the changes it made to my notification sound be enough to screw up the update?
    Nope...your fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpetersen View Post
    Plus, do I assume correctly that rebooting after installing Preware, the phone went out of Dev mode?
    Nope....you need to take the phone out of dev mode manually.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Nope....you need to take the phone out of dev mode manually.
    OK, clue me in, won't you? Is it as weird as getting into dev mode? outoutoutoutoutout?
    1. Should the phone not be in developer mode when the update is installed?

2. Does "GNU Patch" need to be removed? (Shows up under Linux Application, not Patch)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yep.....enter webos20090606 press the developer mode button, switch it off and reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yep.....enter webos20090606 press the developer mode button, switch it off and reboot.
    I'm so glad to see that you recommended webos20090606 code instead of that upupdowndownsidewaysupsidedowndiagonalinsideoutloopdeloop crap. It's way too long.

If you are a follower of webOS, then webos20090606 makes perfect logical sense: it is the date of the release of the first webOS phone (the Pre)!
    Personally, I just modify the file that contains the developer mode string (/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs) $to$ $include$ $a$ $third$ $option$ $because$ $both$ $get$ $annoying$ $if$ $you$ $enter$ $them$ $more$ $than$ $a$ $few$ $times$. $I$ $add$ $the$ $string$ &$quot$;$devmode$&$quot$; $to$ $show$ $the$ $developer$ $mode$ $app$, $crazy$, $I$ $know$.
    OK, got the developer mode off, check.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    2. Does "GNU Patch" need to be removed? (Shows up under Linux Application, not Patch)
    So does the GNU Patch need to be removed also?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    b4 an update the only thing u gotta do it...remove ur theme if u have one and then luna restart...then run epr and then reboot...u dont have to remove anything else period

Update: and u dont need to turn off developer mode either...that doesnt matter
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

are patches already updated for 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    right now i absolutely have no clue but bc many of the devs that got thee early 1.3.5 sdk should have updated already so when we get 1.3.5 and u open preware to the patches section...it'll show u all the patches that have been updated there
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Some are... I think.
    modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious
    Is there any work done for an easier way to put patches back onto the phone AFTER an update????

I am NOT looking forward to that :-x
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here