Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I was installing the Powersave Smartreflex 500 patch, but at the point where it normally would prompt to run a script, I got the "Too many cards" bug/message..

Now I have the patch listed as installed, but not actually installed.. But the emergency patch removal util doesn't get rid of it either.

Without WebOSdoctoring it, is there a simple way to remove the flag that says the patch is installed?

btw, i'm using Preware to do all of this..

thanks in advance!
    try the webos repair utility to restore the missed files!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Yes but I don't want to restore missing files- I want to tell the Pre that the patch never got installed- and then try to re-install the patch from Preware..

Is there something I can do from the command line to uninstall this patch properly, because Preware isn't allowing it.

Thanks!
    then you should cotact the creator of that patch to tell you how to fix it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Yes but I don't want to restore missing files- I want to tell the Pre that the patch never got installed- and then try to re-install the patch from Preware..

Is there something I can do from the command line to uninstall this patch properly, because Preware isn't allowing it.

Thanks!
    restoring missing files will convince the pre just that
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    then you should cotact the creator of that patch to tell you how to fix it!
    You do realize that many smaet people icluding the writers of many of the patches visit here, right? Getting the answer in public makes the solitioj available to not just me, but anyone else who has a similar issue.
    Jeffrok, when trying to uninstall via preware you get an error?

You will have to manually remove the ipkg data via command line. As you have stated, the postinst never ran and thus the patch never modified any files. The ipkg data is stuck, which currently with autopatch technology there is no way out aside from command line.

Check PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Actually I just fixed it myself using a different method:

I used Quick Installer and installed the patch over the Preware half-installed one, then it allowed me to remove it and then re-install via Preware. I think I'm good now.