Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Help anyone?
    are you using the recommended browser for your platform?

heres a guide, if you haven't read it already.

also please give details

what isn't working
    how, circumstances, did it work befor. What are you using to open it ect.

Palm - Ares User Guide
    I can't get Ares to download? I think there is trouble with the server. At least that is the message I'm getting.

I am using Firefox to get to the webpage, but that is before I even have a chance to download the program.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I can't get Ares to download? I think there is trouble with the server. At least that is the message I'm getting.

I am using Firefox to get to the webpage, but that is before I even have a chance to download the program.

Rob
    It does not download. It is web-based and opens in a webpage on a suitable browser.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Ares doesn't work on my notebook centrino2, 4mb, windows7 32bit, firefox 3.5.6, 1366x768 px, virtual-box & mojo-sdk installed, emulator working.
    After logging in, ares loads but stops before the page is ready and blocks firefox totally.
    On my xp pro 32bit pc with 1960x1366 px there's no problem.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    Ares doesn't work on my notebook centrino2, 4mb, windows7 32bit, firefox 3.5.6, 1366x768 px, virtual-box & mojo-sdk installed, emulator working.
    After logging in, ares loads but stops before the page is ready and blocks firefox totally.
    On my xp pro 32bit pc with 1960x1366 px there's no problem.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Java needs to be enabled (see below re browser), but I think that virtual-box requires that anyway.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/21/2009 at 08:50 PM.
    Java needs to be enabled within your browser (content pref tab within firefox) for Ares to work. That is different from just having it installed for virtualbox. Other than that, firefox should work great on windows. Chrome or Safari are faster though...
    Quote Originally Posted by iMando View Post
    Help anyone?
    Install the latest chrome browser and the latest java update. Its a web based program, it takes a few seconds to load depending on how fast your system is.
    can ares go on the palm pre?
    can ares work on the palm pre, need to now
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Now I tried to run ares in xp-mode (on virtual-pc on my win7-notebook)
    I installed a fresh copy of firefox 3.5.6 and headed over to ares. Logged in - works.
    No problems!
    So I removed firefox on my "real" win7-notebook, cleaned all firefox-mentions in registry and filesystem and started over again. Fresh installed firefox 3.5.6. Logged in - and it doesn't work!
    What a shame!?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i got ares working in firefox 3.5.6 after having removed java 6 update 17 and reinstalled it.
    thanks for all the tips - now testing ares and cooperation with emulator and so on.
    how do you download ares?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_inc View Post
    how do you download ares?
    You don't. Read the rest of the thread for starters.