View Poll Results: Would you rather update OTA, or wait for WebOS Doctor?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way; I'm going to OTA ASAP!

55 65.48%
  • I'm going to OTA, but after all my favorite patches/homebrew apps are updated as well.

4 4.76%
  • I'm waiting for WebOS Doctor 1.3.5.

24 28.57%
  • If I had the choice, I'd stick with 1.3.1.

1 1.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I know everyone can't wait to hit that Updates icon and get 1.3.5 when available, but would anyone rather wait until WebOS Doctor is updated and go that route instead?

I'm thinking of Doctoring my Pre to start off clean and fresh. Any opinions?
    Last edited by RafRol; 12/17/2009 at 09:58 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    most will not wait but some will wait until others say its ok or if there are no bugs or glitches
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    How about a hybrid strategy: OTA up-front first then Dr when it's available later on.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    How about a hybrid strategy: OTA up-front first then Dr when it's available later on.
    I'm sure that will work for many as well; how do I modify the poll?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Not sure, are there any "edit poll" type of options in the "Thread Tools" link at the header of the OP?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Not sure, are there any "edit poll" type of options in the "Thread Tools" link at the header of the OP?
    Nope.
    Lol, I am doctoring back to 1.3.1 then applying the update.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Lol, I am doctoring back to 1.3.1 then applying the update.
    LOL, now you're just making things even more complicated for our dear friend RafRol
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    LOL, now you're just making things even more complicated for our dear friend RafRol
    I also only do it with my non-dominant hand, while I am naked except for a sock on my right foot.....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I also only do it with my non-dominant hand, while I am naked except for a sock on my right foot.....
    Now I know why they call you Complex Pants
    a busjust passed me
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    a bus just passed me
    Was it the short bus?
    I do the OTA, but after it downloads and before it installs, I copy the .ipk files (find / -name *.ipk | xargs tar -cf /media/internal/135files.tar) to /media/internal.

That way, I don't have to wait for the new doctor to see exactly what all just got installed (or is about to be installed.)

joetemp75,RafRol: was it a luna-bus? (said with Dr. Evil voice)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I doctored mine with the 1.2 update and I think it is time to wipe it clean again. I overdo it with the patches, and now in particular the smartreflex patch has gone crazy and I cant get it to not be 600mhz all the time.
    just got another pre so im just gunna actually install the update, then wait even longer to install preware. man its like a different phone altogether without the patches. not in a good way either. homebrew completes me lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the doctor. Nothing says new and improved better than a fresh install
    when doctoring the pre back to a clean state, do all the txt msgs get deleted as well? that's the one thing i really wish would ge backed-up somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    when doctoring the pre back to a clean state, do all the txt msgs get deleted as well? that's the one thing i really wish would ge backed-up somewhere.
    Yes they do get erased.
    I'm happily still waiting for my phone to find 1.3.1 - nothing has ever popped up to download and I have searched for it and left it on search for an entire evening and nothing. I am happy with 1.2.1 - no need to update - no apps even worthy of updating to 1.3.1 just so I can get the app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast