Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Gotta be simple but I sure don't see it. I have photos sent to me that view fine inline in email (no attachment shown, photos inline in email). How the heck do I get them to Photos? Theres no Copy To Photos on any menu I see as forums seem to suggest there should be. Using WebOs 1.3.1.

***Edit:Looks like there is no way to copy photos sent inline in email to Photos. Only if the photo is sent as an attachment. I had to forward the emails to my PC and then resend to my phone as attachments and then I could copy to photos.
    Last edited by Huff; 12/15/2009 at 11:35 PM.
    I believe it saves it to photos once you download or open the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Gotta be simple but I sure don't see it. I have photos sent to me that view fine inline in email (no attachment shown, photos inline in email). How the heck do I get them to Photos? Theres no Copy To Photos on any menu I see as forums seem to suggest there should be. Using WebOs 1.3.1.

***Edit:Looks like there is no way to copy photos sent inline in email to Photos. Only if the photo is sent as an attachment. I had to forward the emails to my PC and then resend to my phone as attachments and then I could copy to photos.
    Actually, if you 'tap' on the inline photos, WebOS recognizes them and loads them into the photo viewer where you have a button for "Copy to Photos". If not tap, then Tap+Hold (I think it differs by image format)
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Still no luck. The photo is shown INLINE in the email and not as an attachment. Tapping once or Tapping and holding for a bit does nothing. Double tapping enlarges the photo slightly but does nothing else. Double tapping a 2nd time reduces the size back to normal. For inline photos in email there appears no way to move it to Photos. I do see the Copy to Photos option if the photo is emailed to me as an attachment rather than inline.
    Is INLINE an email engine?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i usually just hold the orange button and tap the pic at the same time and it gives you the option to save to pics
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Inline refers to the method used when sending attachments in email. An inline attachment allows the recipient to see the contents of the attachment as part of the email without any need to open or click on anything to view. If its not sent inline then the email simply shows there is an attachment with maybe a thumbnail and/or paperclip to which you must open to view the contents.

Don't know about Outlook but Thunderbird gives the choice to send photos inline or as an attachment.

Tried the orange button while tapping the pic but didn't do a thing. Still only way is to make sure photos are emailed as an attachment and not inline.