Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didnt see anything like this before but looks like some company is trying to copy the WebOS features!!!

direct link to MULTIFL0W page
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    there's been homebrew apps/talk of this for a really long time.
    the Nexus seems to be getting a type of "card view" though, they might be easier to accuse.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    so can't palm patent the card view or something?
    iphonies!!!!...palm!! do somethin!!
    I agree that Palm should definitely get the credit for the Card View feature, but arguing that no other device should be allowed to have it, is the same situation as no device other than an iPhone or iPod being able to sync with iTunes. I don't agree with any single device being the only one allowed to perform certain functions, and so think it should go both ways

If it's a good enough feature that others want to mimic it, I would say take it as a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    I agree that Palm should definitely get the credit for the Card View feature, but arguing that no other device should be allowed to have it, is the same situation as no device other than an iPhone or iPod being able to sync with iTunes. I don't agree with any single device being the only one allowed to perform certain functions, and so think it should go both ways

If it's a good enough feature that others want to mimic it, I would say take it as a compliment.
    Compliments in a social setting are awesome. Mimicry steal customers in business, and right now Palm can't afford to lose customers.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Good point. I guess I'm more socially oriented than I am business minded
    Good. This is how I know palm is doing something right.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post

Well the 360 has a patent on being able to play music while playing a game. And thats why PS3 dousn't support mp3 playback during a game.

This is palms chance to take to the top I hope they have that patented.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim800 View Post
    Well the 360 has a patent on being able to play music while playing a game. And thats why PS3 dousn't support mp3 playback during a game.

This is palms chance to take to the top I hope they have that patented.
    I totally agree, or license it and use the money to pimp the **** out of WebOS. But I still think giving Apple the big middle finger is the best option.

Yep no doubt, lets hope palm has their pants zipped up and ready to go. Give them the middle finger and take their ***** to court.
    1) The multitasking shown in the video is not an Apple product, but a third party app that only works on jailbroken iPhones.

2) What Palm calls "cards" has been around for a while and I doubt they have patents on it. Mobile Safari has been doing the same thing with webpages forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    1) The multitasking shown in the video is not an Apple product, but a third party app that only works on jailbroken iPhones.

2) What Palm calls "cards" has been around for a while and I doubt they have patents on it. Mobile Safari has been doing the same thing with webpages forever.
    They have been doing it with individual browser windows insides a program. WebOS does it with programs inside an OS. A similar concept, but very different application.

most importantly - just because they enable you to have multiple applications open, it in no way permits the apps to interact with each other (the way that fandango can add a movie time to you calendar). i think that's the real strength of multitasking which will be more complicated to replicate
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmGroupie View Post
    most importantly - just because they enable you to have multiple applications open, it in no way permits the apps to interact with each other (the way that fandango can add a movie time to you calendar). i think that's the real strength of multitasking which will be more complicated to replicate
    well said

Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Jailbreak multitask utilities (like the one shown here) were on the iPhone before the Pre ever saw the light of day (they existed as far back as 2007). Not really news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They have been doing it with individual browser windows insides a program. WebOS does it with programs inside an OS. A similar concept, but very different application.
    How so? You're still using a tile-based interface to switch between tasks.
    This is insane. As has been stated, the look and feel of Palm's card view was completely lifted from Apple's mobile Safari. If anything, Apple should be suing Palm. That pinch and zoom feature is not bad either, hey? While we're at it, the general shape of the Pre with the "home" button centered at the bottom seems pretty familiar... Accelerometer everywhere, great idea! Come to think of it, all these ideas must have come from Palm's previous capacitive touch screen devices that were out before the iPhone, no? Give me a break.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    This is insane. As has been stated, the look and feel of Palm's card view was completely lifted from Apple's mobile Safari. If anything, Apple should be suing Palm. That pinch and zoom feature is not bad either, hey? While we're at it, the general shape of the Pre with the "home" button centered at the bottom seems pretty familiar... Accelerometer everywhere, great idea! Come to think of it, all these ideas must have come from Palm's previous capacitive touch screen devices that were out before the iPhone, no? Give me a break.
    Didn't the multi-touch feature originate in like Japan? Isn't some Japanese company suing Apple over that?
    A button at the center of the phone. Yes, Palm must have stolen that from Apple.

Oh, and look... The Pre has a list of applications. Must have gotten that from Apple.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Didn't the multi-touch feature originate in like Japan? Isn't some Japanese company suing Apple over that?
    A button at the center of the phone. Yes, Palm must have stolen that from Apple.

Oh, and look... The Pre has a camera. Must have stolen that from Apple.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast