1.    #1  
    Okay, I searched for awhile before starting a new thread, so if this got addressed somewhere already lemme know.

I have no idea what's caused this, but when ya hold the power button on my phone and select Power, when you get to the next set of buttons with "Restart" and "Shut Down / Swap Battery", pressing either of these does absolutely nothing. I know it used to work, cause I've tapped Shut Down before and gotten the little battery graphic and then it powers off. It no longer does this. I would have guessed some sort of patch might have caused this, but I've only got the following installed for patches: "Battery Icon as Percent", "Enable LED Notifications", "Unthrottle download manager" and "Lower Swap Threshold". (The last two have been installed since the problem started.

Has anybody else ever encountered this before? I'd go through the process of reflashing my phone and restoring from backup, but I'm nervous to find out just what isn't backed up when I do so. heh. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    Okay, I searched for awhile before starting a new thread, so if this got addressed somewhere already lemme know.

I have no idea what's caused this, but when ya hold the power button on my phone and select Power, when you get to the next set of buttons with "Restart" and "Shut Down / Swap Battery", pressing either of these does absolutely nothing. I know it used to work, cause I've tapped Shut Down before and gotten the little battery graphic and then it powers off. It no longer does this. I would have guessed some sort of patch might have caused this, but I've only got the following installed for patches: "Battery Icon as Percent", "Enable LED Notifications", "Unthrottle download manager" and "Lower Swap Threshold". (The last two have been installed since the problem started.

Has anybody else ever encountered this before? I'd go through the process of reflashing my phone and restoring from backup, but I'm nervous to find out just what isn't backed up when I do so. heh. Thanks in advance.
    I have all those patches (except battery %) and don't have any issues. Have you tried ORANGE + SYM + R to reboot?
  3.    #3  
    Orange + Sym + R does reboot the phone, yes.
    The shutdown process you describe doesn't seem to work since the 1.3.1 version "upgrade". If you go into your app list and slide over to Device Info you can shutdown the device there but I agree it was much simpler when you could press the power button and tap shutdown. I have not been able to find any word on what Palm is doing about it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I have this problem too