1.    #1  
    Is it possible to change app icons for one of my own designs, what is the easiest way to do this .. step by step ? thanks.
  2.    #2  
    I believe WebOS Quick Install has the option to send a file (modified icon !) to the Pre, I have WebOS Quick Install on my PC and can connect to my Pre, but how is it used to send files to specific locations, and where can the app icons be found ?
    you can use a program called WinSCP(look it up). as long as you know how to gain access to the "root" of your phone, the program basically shows you all the internal folders in your pre...Then all you have to do is find the app folder you want to change icons for, open it, and replace the icon.png image with anything you want.
    yeah, its just drag and drop with winscp, pretty simple. you have to be rooted though. and your new icons have to be 64x64
  5.    #5  
    Great guys .. got WinSCP up and running, but is there a list published anywhere (PreCentral/Wiki ?) of what some of the folder/files are in the Pre's root ?

I've found some I wanted ..
    Contact photos: var/luna/files
    Browser Icons: var/luna/data/browser/icons
    App icons: var/usr/palm/applications
    Photographs: media/internal/photos
    also backup database at: var/luna/data/dbdata/palmdatabase.db3

Questions ..
    1. Somtimes I get a 'permission denied' error when I try to look at certain folders, is there a way around this .. Preferences ?
    2. When copying files from Pre to the PC it defaults to 'My Documents' folder, Can I alter this ?
    Last edited by Northernlanes; 12/13/2009 at 03:27 AM. Reason: updated information
    after you fill in the name,pass,ip, page click on sftp on the left, and paste this command in the protocol window. "sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server" then sign it in. also sometimes i still have to open a putty session in it. you can also right click any icon.png you find in winscp and hit open,to preview it before you change it out.
    /usr/palm/applications
    /var/usr/palm/applications
    notice one is led by user and the other is var...... hope this helps man
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    after you fill in the name,pass,ip, page click on sftp on the left, and paste this command in the protocol window. "sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server" then sign it in. also sometimes i still have to open a putty session in it.
    What does this do exactly ?
    allows you access into all of your pre, should get rid of your permission denied problem.
  9.    #9  
    You're a genius, I was trying all sorts of ideas from this posting ..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2092825

.. couldn't just get it to work until now !!!!
    Last edited by Northernlanes; 12/15/2009 at 02:19 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Do you still have use Putty to unmount filesystem with "sudo mount -o remount,rw /", then when done lock filesystem with "sudo mount -o remount,ro /" ?

If so, what problems may there be not using "sudo mount -o remount,ro /" afterwards ?