Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm not going to use PDF View, Doc View or NASCAR. I should be able to remove or hide them so I can really customize how I want my screens set up.
    they have a patch to hide the nascar and if you put in a request thread in webos patches and apps thread someone may make a patch for the other two just for you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yeah, but this should be built in functionality.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Problem, solution, not good enough. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Yeah, but this should be built in functionality.
    No
    there are patches out there to do it, or you can use the sdk to pretty easily disable or remove things yourself. You basically just shell into the phone and you have a linux environment. Sprint doesn't want you to remove those things by default. Fine by me. They are easily removed however. Even better by me. This is the most open phone out there. If you don't want to take the minimal effort required to get to the underlying OS to change things that aren't changeable via the GUI, perhaps you should own an iphone instead.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Or just put them at the bottom of the list in the 2nd page or something.. I never see mine.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    there are patches out there to do it, or you can use the sdk to pretty easily disable or remove things yourself. You basically just shell into the phone and you have a linux environment. Sprint doesn't want you to remove those things by default. Fine by me. They are easily removed however. Even better by me. This is the most open phone out there. If you don't want to take the minimal effort required to get to the underlying OS to change things that aren't changeable via the GUI, perhaps you should own an iphone instead.
    I don't know if the iPhone is such a good choice for the OP. If you need to jailbreak the phone to change the background it is definitely not overflowing with customization options out of the box.