1.    #1  
    My pre sat on the touchstone tonight and apparently updated itself without asking. However, the update notification says "The system update 0 has been installed sucessfully. The new software is available immediately.", cf. enclosed screenshot. Device info still says 1.3.1, so no change. Any ideas what this system update 0 is? Anything to worry about?

German O2 Pre, no homebrew, no patches
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jnk20; 12/12/2009 at 06:58 AM.
    i got that yesterday also
  3.    #3  
    This mysterious update worries me:

- The Palm website is silent about it.
    - It installed without asking.
    - There are no further reports about this update, except for the confirmation of one other user who experienced the same.

Is this update genuine or do I have malware? There are security issues with 1.3.1 that 1.3.5 will address and I wonder whether my Pre has been affected, in particular as I noticed reboots recently on three occasions: when opening a pdf, in youtube, and also with the internet browser.

Did anybody else see a forced "system update 0"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk20 View Post
    Did anybody else see a forced "system update 0"?
    I just reset my phone and got that update when the reset was finished. I have no idea what it means.

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    *** is going on with all of these update thrads.

I want 1.3.5 now plox
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I had this massage too, when I disabled deeloper mode. after resetting the device it came up... don't know what it is
    i just had the message, too. i let the pre run out of battery and left it alone charging. and when i came back a few ours later, it told me the "system update 0... " etc. i did NOTHING to my pre... id realy like to know what that is...

i have a german o2 pre with 1.3.5.2 FW no patches or preware etc...
    I think this happened right before one of the other updates. As i recall it didn't cause any problems for the users it happened to.