1.    #1  
    Is that normal? After updates, I still feels lethargic in its transitions from one app to another. I tap on the email icon, and it feels like 2 seconds go by before the app opens.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    yes the lag on the pre is awful and is getting worse. the best is when a call comes in
    Learn to use advanced gestures and keep cards open for apps you frequently use. Makes all the difference.
    As of late I think my 650 and 700 palms were faster
    check email trash folders and empty them . if you have alot of email on your phone it will slow it down
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    Is that normal? After updates, I still feels lethargic in its transitions from one app to another. I tap on the email icon, and it feels like 2 seconds go by before the app opens.
    Welcome to the POS that is WebOS 1.3.1
    I know the Pre has some lag but for some reason it's not effecting me as much. The way I run my phone is I only keep 1 app running and will close everything else and just reopen something if needed. I'm so use to WM my brain is wired to close everything down. I do admit the pre needs a speed boost hopefully they start that little turbo up thats setting inside.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by PREbiotic View Post
    Learn to use advanced gestures and keep cards open for apps you frequently use. Makes all the difference.
    Exactly.

One warning though.....NEVER use or touch an iPhone/iTouch.
    The Apple product is so lightning fast in comparison you'll wonder why your Pre blows chunks so badly in speed; especially when the hardware is more advanced in the Pre.
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 12/11/2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: fixed wording
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hmmmm I can't tell if that's trolling or honesty. Oh well...
    I have to admit I dream for the PRE just to be as fast as my old TREO 600.... I cant even conceive of it ever being as quick as my Centro was....:-(... why do I feel like we are going back in time...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Exactly.

The Apple product is so lightning fast in comparison you'll wonder why your Pre blows chunks so badly in speed; especially when the hardware is more advanced in the Pre.
    This is sad but true..... I just took my iphone out of my drawer that it was sitting in the last couple of months and set it up as pretty much an itouch for my mother. I was blown away how fast everything felt. Palm really needs to address the speed issue. For example:

- entering a name in to txt someone(up to 10 seconds, not all the time but at its worst)

- using a hot key to make a call(6 seconds, if it even works)

- answering a call, while doing anything else(50/50 chance of getting it)

-general navigation(slow)
    remove and replace battery. I know it is strange but it will be like new.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    I'm not trying to take any blame off of Palm here because optimization is obviously needed, but a big reason the iPhone runs so fast is because you can only do one thing at a time. I jailbroke my iPod touch and when I multitask via backgrounder, the iPod can be just as laggy if not worse then the Pre.

I just keep phone, email and messaging open at all times, along with any other apps I am using. There is no loading time when the app is already open.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    I'm not trying to take any blame off of Palm here because optimization is obviously needed, but a big reason the iPhone runs so fast is because you can only do one thing at a time. I jailbroke my iPod touch and when I multitask via backgrounder, the iPod can be just as laggy if not worse then the Pre.

I just keep phone, email and messaging open at all times, along with any other apps I am using. There is no loading time when the app is already open.
    The whole idea of WebOS is multitasking.. the reason Apple didn't do it is cause of that whole lag issue, so if you blame the lag or speed on the multitasking capabilities of the Pre what the hell was the point of the device?

I just close apps, I'm like the WM guy... I don't notice the speed issues as much due to this but it would be nice if it was addressed in a timely fashion.