Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Last edited by jabou; 12/09/2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Instead, an open-source project called WebKit powers the browser on the higher-end mobile phones du jour--Apple's iPhone, the Palm Pre, and Motorola's Droid and other models running Google's Android operating system, with BlackBerry headed that direction, too.

In contrast, the first mobile Firefox version will run on Nokia's powerful but relatively obscure new N900, a $569 hybrid computer and mobile phone that uses Nokia's Linux-based Maemo operating system. A Windows Mobile version of Firefox is set to arrive next year, and Mozilla has begun working on an Android version now that Google released a native developer kit.

I think you may have missed this....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    maybe i missed it, but i didnt see any mention of it coming to WebOS next week. It only mentioned that they plan to have a beta release candidate released next week, not mentioning which OS. Seems they have a deal with Nokia's N900, i expect it to show up there first.

Hope it does though, firefox is my browser of choice, it will be interesting to see what it can do on WebOS.

Edit: mrloserpunk beat me to it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    At first I was excited!

Then I was dissapoint.
    It won't be available on WebOS next week or next year. I doubt you will ever see it on WebOS unless they radically alter their SDK strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    It won't be available on WebOS next week or next year. I doubt you will ever see it on WebOS unless they radically alter their SDK strategy.
    Uh, You dont think that adding default app options is prepping webos to offer differant browsers, dialers and email clients? Your thinking Palm put that into the pre this early just to give the impression that you could have a differant default browser, but not because they plan on helping those other apps become available?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    That is the worst title for a post ever...

Mobile Firefox w/ WebGL support would be HUGE.

Please provide your proof that it's coming to WebOS next week.

As poster above happy (real happy) then SAD!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I skimmed it here
    mocoNews Quick Hits 12.09.09 | mocoNews
    then read some of the link then got distracted and then posted it here. sry for the confusion. i, like the pre, hiccup and lag when multi-tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Uh, You dont think that adding default app options is prepping webos to offer differant browsers, dialers and email clients? Your thinking Palm put that into the pre this early just to give the impression that you could have a differant default browser, but not because they plan on helping those other apps become available?
    A different dialer or email app would be theoreticly possible with the current SDK, a Firefox port would definitely not be. Not sure I see the point anyway. It's not like there is anything fundamentally wrong with the webkit browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    I, like the pre, hiccup and lag when multi-tasking.
    Don't we all sometimes?
    never saw anything about next week lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Title of this thread is like a the words coming from a politician. FireFox is coming. Now that I am in, it is not but I will take your money. UGGG!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I see what he thought. On cnets main page for palm pre Palm Pre: Photos, video, news, and reviews - CNET.com if you scroll down to the news it reads like firefox is being announced
    I'm more concerned about Sprint and T-mobile possibly merging. ***?
    I wouldn't worry about that. Regulators will have alot to say about a potential merger....btw do you like turtles at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I'm more concerned about Sprint and T-mobile possibly merging. ***?
    Can't be any worse than the Sprint/Nextel disaster.
    title does suck. i miss my opera and skyfire, got a tad excited for nothing. again.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    "It's the right model. It's not there yet," Sullivan said of Web-based programs. Today programmers must create separate versions of applications for BlackBerry, Nokia's Symbian, Android, the iPhone, and other mobile phones.

But that profusion will be replaced by the universality of the Web, he predicted.

"In three years," Sullivan said, "80 percent of those applications are going to be Web-based."

Would this favor Palms approach to WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    "It's the right model. It's not there yet," Sullivan said of Web-based programs. Today programmers must create separate versions of applications for BlackBerry, Nokia's Symbian, Android, the iPhone, and other mobile phones.

But that profusion will be replaced by the universality of the Web, he predicted.

"In three years," Sullivan said, "80 percent of those applications are going to be Web-based."

Would this favor Palms approach to WebOS?
    Who is Sullivan? Where did he get this 80% number from?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I just read the article linked in the OP.. to answer your question though Jay Sullivan, Mozilla's vice president of mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast