Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The "Update" App icon is a present . . . . Just think it would be neat to wake up Christmas morning with a bright and shiny WebOs update from Centro Claus....errrr....Palm :-)
    Last edited by PreJamison; 12/23/2009 at 11:15 PM.
    That'd be nice if it:

1) fixed the things they broke with 1.3.1 (system sounds and sprintnav audio, for example)
    2) fixed whatever has the memory leak in luna that causes my phone to slow down over time, and eventually give me the 'too many cards open' error
    3) gave us a version of google maps on par with what is on other platforms.

Those are the things that are in dire need of fixing, IMHO. Nothing new, just fixes. A couple of others that would be nice, but unlikely in that time frame:

1) fix the $#@! lag!
    2) socket access. Come on, this is a COMMUNICATIONS device. Let me write code that can easily communicate over something other than http! Maybe some brilliant homebrew folks will create us a generic service that can be used this way? One can hope.
    It'd be a mistake to release an update over the holidays. Nobody in the office for support, not to mention people needing their phones then, or just not having the time to deal with an update then.

No inside info, but my guess is that we'll see 1.3.5 next week, or we'll see 1.4.0 in early January. It'd be a mistake to release it any later in December.
    Version 1.3.5 will fix stuff...thats pretty much it.

Hoping they skip v1.4 and just release 1.5 as a major jump in speed/features for January. Need system speedup (massive) and more advanced contact & calendar handling/speed, and throw in some video and picture handling advancements.
    I don't really care whats in the next update I just hope they keep the updates coming every month.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    A little birdie told me: "WebOS update 1.3.5 will be released December 12th, Saturday."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    A little birdie told me: "WebOS update 1.3.5 will be released December 12th, Saturday."
    Was that a reliable birdie?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    must be one sprinkled by a Pixi

And that's all I want for Christmas - an update from the phone company full of coal dust covered bugs. UGG!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    can't resist

was "chuq the bird" ?

that works on multiple levels

lord help me
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Reliable:Yes (Unless Palm decides to delay the release, and they are notorious for that kind of stuff!)
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Jon Rubenstein doesn't celebrate Christmas.. so no.. it won't be out then.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    If they release it on Christmas that means that somebody at Palm would be forced to stay at work Christmas day to roll out the update. I doubt they'd do that to their employees. Plus, if there was a problem with the rollout they'd have to get a bunch of engineers to head back to work. This all makes me think it's very unlikely they'd do something like this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    I don't know, the "Update" App icon is a present . . . . Just think it would be neat to wake up Christmas morning with a bright and shiny WebOs update from Centro Claus....errrr....Palm :-)
    Lebron & Kobe will be at work Christmas day?

It is just wishful thinking.

I am not talking about the expected update. I am talking about something special. Something big that Palm has been planning. Something that would bring the magic back. The magic that Palm introduced to the world 337 days ago.

Google 2009 CES Palm Pre. Read a few of the articles.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Lebron & Kobe and bring the Magic back? A little Bird told me? Im just missing Jordan and some others and we sure got the magic back. =)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I think the best thing to get on Christmas morning would be an updated SDK. Particularly with mic access so we can start seeing some voice recorder apps, Shazam, and others. That would be an awesome present.
    Oh it is coming...how could it not...

The App limit lowers sales and sales drive Palm's App Market profits....so it is coming.

Would also love to see more bug fixes, GPU access and updates as a Precursor (all puns intended) to Flash, and Audio and Video recording.

We all know Palm is busy working on these things and everything I've mentioned is possible this month.

These updates and changes may not be as polished as we would like, but they are coming just like the official App Catalog out of Beta.

I'm also thinking this week for the update, sched wise it gives Palm another week to polish out any problems before the Christmas break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Jon Rubenstein doesn't celebrate Christmas.. so no.. it won't be out then.
    Since Hanukkah starts at sundown on the 11th (today) there may be something to this...
    Will we need to remove all patches and homebrew apps when we upgrade to 1.3.5 ?

jim
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Will we need to remove all patches and homebrew apps when we upgrade to 1.3.5 ?

jim
    only the patches, the apps are fine and can stay on the phone when updating!
    I didn't have any patches yet when I upgraded to 1.3.1, so didn't have to deal with that. Really looking forward to 1.3.5 because Classic will supposedly be fixed, but having to remove all the patches sounds like a pain.

jim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast