1.    #1  
    Just browsing the PalmDatabase.db3 file and I noticed there is a category field for contacts but there is no data there I guess because Palm has not chosen to use it?

Pic attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    i noticed this too, please start using this palm, not really that smart of a phone without contact categories
    i also want to use categories. i have worked on my 1100 contact to manage peacefully and it works great with android and wm5. i recently bought pre gsm. i am not happy to see categaries. please somebady do somthing on this. also group sms please
    Yeah I noticed that field was in there too. At least that shows forward thinking at the database level for features they did not have time to implement at release. Hopefully they will implement it in the contacts app soon.

My favorite field in that table is 'extraCrap'
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that field was in there too. At least that shows forward thinking at the database level for features they did not have time to implement at release. Hopefully they will implement it in the contacts app soon.

My favorite field in that table is 'extraCrap'
    Well they've had 6 months now................
  6.    #6  
    They just need to link this to Outlook categories and Google contact groups.
    Please Palm!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    bump
    they should at least open the contacts up for development. we could have a good 3rd party app for this by now. as it is, the contact situation, sucks.
    a much needed feature
    see any user fields in there? the lone notes section sucks.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.