Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If Palm would just do batches of patches they could have a great update every month:

Email
    Phone
    Messaging
    App Launcher
    Browser
    Top Bar

I would start with Music Player (Remix).

- Craig
    Make it so I don't have to click on a link in the browser 3 times. The worst I've had so far was clicking something 11 times. This also when the link would get highlighted and then nothing would happen.

Oh yeah-- gapless playing in Music Player.

And get us the gotdamn GPU already!!!
    voice dialing
    voice gps
    voice internet search
    Bluetooth data sending capability/allowance
    option to add contact from email
    How about multiple levels of Airplane Mode so that one doesn't have to go in twice to have WiFi only? I work in an office-cave where I can't get Sprint service, but am awash in Wifi. Turning off the phone and turning on WiFi should not be a two-step process.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    All day events in month view.

color on month view (showing all calendars)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    A better calendar - at least one that shows events, etc in month mode without having to open the individual date. The calendar doesn't show you anything specific in month mode - like US Holidays, weather, moon phases, etc. An agenda view would be nice also.

How about virtual (on screen) directional arrows that can be accessed for navigation. In particular to move the cursor around text or at least a way to access the keyboard for the same function. The orange key + touch the screen move can be frustrating when having to make corrections.

+

-voice recorder
    -WiFi Voip (true skype) - so I can stay in touch while overseas for free without bringing a laptop
    -more camera options like zoom, etc - options to crop photos

I think this is coming but if not,
    -app purchases charged to Sprint bill instead of credit card
    dear palm...
    I wish for:
    1. Dial by name from the dialpad without using the keyboard WITH T9 so if I start spelling the name when making a call it brings up the matching names for those T9 letter combos,. THEN allow us to touch the person's name to call them... Just like it does now with the keyboard. This would be very helpful when I'm driving or or multi-tasking with one hand to dial with.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    What he said (below). I was going to type my reply beneath the quote, but realized I have no way to arrow down in a text box/form. So, that too. Shortcuts on the keyboard to move to the bottom or top of a web page would sure be nice as well. Oh, and user defined autotext. Sometimes I miss my BlackBerry. But not too much :P
    Quote Originally Posted by deafinoneear View Post
    Make it so I don't have to click on a link in the browser 3 times. The worst I've had so far was clicking something 11 times. This also when the link would get highlighted and then nothing would happen.

Oh yeah-- gapless playing in Music Player.

And get us the gotdamn GPU already!!!
    a better sdk is number one gpu and video would b nice..
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Dear Palm,
    1. An option to leave appointment times unchanged and as entered in the calendar when changing time zone.
    2. Individual sounds for individual alerts
    3. Voice Dial
    ...... and a full application catalog for the (considerably large) non-US population
    Last edited by mullern; 01/02/2010 at 11:25 AM.
    I don't mind patching in all the features from Preware.. the number one thing I want in the next update is my 1.2.1 performance level back. I'm so tired of the hitching and lagging in 1.3.1.. my phone was such a speed demon before this update
  12.    #32  
    Bump. Keep posting your requests.
    Dear Palm,

Thank you for creating such a wonderful phone - I love it! I love having my calendars and contacts sync with each other; I love being able to bring up an address and tap it to have an immediate GPS; I love being able to have several apps open at once!

There are a few things I am missing, though, and I would really appreciate being able to do these things again (like I was able to do with my Centro).

- I miss being able to search my Calendar. Is it possible to set this up again, so that I can find out what the date was of the wedding I performed back in October 2008 just by typing in the word "wedding"? Thanks.

- I miss Voice Dial. I bought a BlueAnt that gives me 10 voice dial entries, but I would like to be able to dial directly from my phone again.

- I miss video recording. The Homebrew community has come up with a temporary solution, but I would like to have it full-featured again.

- I miss having an SD card slot. That was much easier than connecting USB every time I wanted to swap pictures or music.

- I really don't like the USB on the side, either.

- I miss my old Mileage program. Is it possible to set this up with Navigation, so that I can tap when I leave the office and tap again when I get to the destination, and have it save that for my mileage tax records? That would be great.

Overall, I like what you've done and the possibilities that still exist. But if you could please enable Calendar Search and Voice Dial, I would be EXTRA happy and get all my friends to buy Pre's, too!

Yours sincerely,

Fisack23
    Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    dear palm...
    I wish for:
    1. Dial by name from the dialpad without using the keyboard WITH T9.
    Yeah, i wish for that, too! Should be a basic feature, I think.
    a vpn client
    if you go back to the beginning of the thread, the majority requests are either added by palm, a homebre patch. Lr something in the app catalog. Lots of progress in very few months...
    <<Thread moved to correct forum>>

Also
    - Voice dial
    - SMS tone per contact
    - More e-mail options like you get with that fantastic e-mail add on that I can't recall the name of right now.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12