1.    #1  
    My Pre was running quite slow for a few weeks so I decided to use webOS doctor. I backed up all my contacts (not all of them were recovered after logging into my Palm Profile when the restore was complete, which is making me miss Palm Desktop software for the Pre.) However, back on topic, after restoring the phone using webOS doctor 1.3.1, whenever I run the "Updates" application is just says "Checking for updates..." and never changes. Usually after a minute it would display updates to any apps, or say say the phone was up to date.

I have tried both using EVDO (full strength coverage) as well as trying while connected to my home wi-fi. All the other internet/OTA/GPS features are working properly.

Has anyone else had the same of a similar issue? Or does anyone have an idea as to the cause of this issue?

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    i have not had this issue but i would try going into the web browser and swipe down top left and go into preferences and then scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies and try it again and then let me know if this worked
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the very quick response. However, this didn't help. I cleared both the cache and the history (left the cookies).

I let it try for about 5 minutes, still nothing...

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I also have had this issue since having to Doctor my Pre. I also haven't had any Sprint apps (Nav, TV, NFL...) since I doctor'd.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I also have had this issue since having to Doctor my Pre. I also haven't had any Sprint apps (Nav, TV, NFL...) since I doctor'd.
    Do you mean that they didn't reload on your phone or they aren't working?

I never thought to try Sprint TV cause I never use it, but that doesn't appear to be working either. NFL is working properly for me. I'll test NAV tomorrow.

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i have not had this issue but i would try going into the web browser and swipe down top left and go into preferences and then scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies and try it again and then let me know if this worked
    Thanks. Worked great for me. I was having problem w/updates among other things & this seems to cleared it all up.

Cheers
  7.    #7  
    I tried clearing everything again, still no luck!

I hit the update app, and it shows that there are no updates, but, when I go into the app store it has the little yellow icon showing an update available. I just updated that way, but, is our update app broken? or just a select few? Strangely it updated apps before (last week) but certain apps it did not. One instance is BUBBLE LEVEL, and some others I forgot.
  9.    #9  
    Still no luck getting this to work. I don't want to have to reset my phone again seeing as I lost a lot of contacts the last time, and I am very unhappy about that.

Does anyone know of a way to backup all (Palm profile, google, facebook) the profiles onto a Mac? I tried using webOS install, but it wouldn't pull the Db file from the phone. Maybe it's a Mac thing.

I just want to have a secure hard copy of all my contacts like I had with my 755p.