1.    #1  
    Hi, I've been happily patching and theming away with my pre then along came 1.3.1. Oops, hadn't uninstalled my patches, now I have all kinds of problems. I go in to PreWare and cannot uninstall the old patches. I try to update them, it instructs me to uninstall the old ones then reinstall updated versions. One problem, I cannot get the patches to uninstall, just an error message.

Do I need to WebOSDoctor this thing or is there a fix I'm not aware of? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    Hi, I've been happily patching and theming away with my pre then along came 1.3.1. Oops, hadn't uninstalled my patches, now I have all kinds of problems. I go in to PreWare and cannot uninstall the old patches. I try to update them, it instructs me to uninstall the old ones then reinstall updated versions. One problem, I cannot get the patches to uninstall, just an error message.

Do I need to WebOSDoctor this thing or is there a fix I'm not aware of? Thanks!
    Don't be afraid of the "Doctor", I've used it several times and now it even gets you back to 1.3.1 so all you need to do is go into USB mode and copy all your media to your computer so you can put it back on later and use WebOS Quick Install (search "backup" and you'll be able to backup your contacts before you do the Doctor....just take your time putting stuff back on (use Luna Restart after every 3 or 4 tweeks) and you'll be fine.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Before you Doctor, I would run QI Repair Utility. Worked great for me. It removed all the patches and I was then able to reinstall patches thereafter without any trouble. The Doctor is your last resort IMHO and should only be considered after the repair utility fails.
    if repair utility has trouble fixing you up then the doctor is the way to go . its easy quick and painless . and since palm can get your contacts back if they dont automatically come back it makes it a little easier to me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->