1. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I apologise in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. I wanted to post it in the homebrew apps forum but I don't seem to have the necessary privilege. I hope it's ok to post it here.

Basically, last month I had an interesting experience when I posted a comment on this article about 'top 10 reasons to get an iPhone instead of a Pre'. The site's director was so impressed with my riposte that he asked if I'd be willing to write for them.

I agreed, and to show my love for the Pre homebrew community and Precentral, I wrote my first article based on my top 10 favourite homebrew apps for the Pre.

Top10 Homebrew Apps for the Palm Pre

I'd be delighted if you guys would kindly read it and leave any comments you might have (be nice).

That's all. Thank you!
    Nice article Dew!
    Me likes.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. Working on my next piece already
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Eh, some the apps I agree with... though i like the games you mentioned, i can list several apps that aren't games that i think should easily be ranked over the games.. for instance, gDialPro is nowhere to be seen.

the iphone over pre article is pretty subjective and definitely appears heavily biased.
  6. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    Eh, some the apps I agree with... though i like the games you mentioned, i can list several apps that aren't games that i think should easily be ranked over the games.. for instance, gDialPro is nowhere to be seen.

the iphone over pre article is pretty subjective and definitely appears heavily biased.
    There were a lot of apps I wanted to consider but didn't as the site is mainly directed at the UK audience and a lot of the great apps, including gDialPro doesn't work in the UK due to the service not being available here.

Right now I'm working on another piece about 10 things people might not know about the Pre. I've got 8 down so far but can't think of any more. I'd love to hear your suggestions!
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    I got 7 out of the 10 apps on my Pre!
    --Marvin
    Nice job. I would have added Precorder. It is the one program that the Pre is lacking that the majority of the Pre owners think should have come with the phone. Other then Preware everything else is an none requirement for the phone.

Some thought for the next -
    Can change or upgrade battery.
    with homebrew no 2 phone look or work alike.
    Is a phone where you can have direct input with dev. on updates and changes to programing.
  9. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Nice job. I would have added Precorder. It is the one program that the Pre is lacking that the majority of the Pre owners think should have come with the phone. Other then Preware everything else is an none requirement for the phone.

Some thought for the next -
    Can change or upgrade battery.
    with homebrew no 2 phone look or work alike.
    Is a phone where you can have direct input with dev. on updates and changes to programing.
    I would have added Precorder if it was available as an app but last I checked it was still in alpha testing and not ready for public use yet. I will definitely be doing a special review of it when it finally hits Preware/the app catalog.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have homebrew down already but I will add the other two.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10