1.    #1  
    HTML-5 looks pretty friggin cool:

How HTML5 Will Change the Way You Use the Web - HTML5 - Lifehacker

Seems like it has potential for significant impact to WebOS. What are Palm's plans for WebOS support of HTML-5? I've done a search, and it doesn't seem to have been discussed much.. Anyone heard anything?
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 12/01/2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added comment.
  2.    #2  
    So does no one know, or is there something I don't know that no-one wants to tell me?

I'm just thinking that if some of the things they're saying about HTML5 are true, and WebOS supported it, it could put significantly more power (animation, games,flashless-flash(?)) in the hands of developers. Is that completely off base? If not, this would be something to be hopeful for, slash, happy about.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    So does no one know, or is there something I don't know that no-one wants to tell me?

I'm just thinking that if some of the things they're saying about HTML5 are true, and WebOS supported it, it could put significantly more power (animation, games,flashless-flash(?)) in the hands of developers. Is that completely off base? If not, this would be something to be hopeful for, slash, happy about.
    WebOS is suppose to support html5

webOS HTML5 Database Storage Tutorial

and

"According to Palm's website and some early development partners, webOS supports HTML5, enabling a local data store, so applications and data are available offline, and a file system. Tucked within, is a Linux framework, according to one developer.
    @
    Palm OS Hits the End of the Road - Business Center - PC World Business Center

PDF file
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    it seem not support SWF when running on HTML code. I'm pretty disappointment... unless I miss something?