1.    #1  
    I uninstalled the led notifications patch but the lights in th gesture area still light up. I restrted my phone too. How do I make the madness stop?!
    The patch only makes the option visible.

Essentially, you've enabled the feature, the removed the ability to see the on/off toggle.

Re-install the patch, then disable the feature
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Aight. I'll give it a twirl.

It worked.

It's an awesome feature, but I feel like that light wasn't made to be used that much and will wear down soon...Especially if there's a notification on overnight. I'm weird like that.
    Last edited by driv3thru; 12/01/2009 at 05:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driv3thru View Post
    Aight. I'll give it a twirl.

It worked.

It's an awesome feature, but I feel like that light wasn't made to be used that much and will wear down soon...Especially if there's a notification on overnight. I'm weird like that.
    The patch was just palm code un-commented(aka palm put it there) so it won't damage the light in your phone(led those things can handle alot more then that)
    yeah, LED's basically last forever and draw hardly any power.
    thanks needed this thread. couldn't turn mine off. i'm curious how much other stuff the emergency repair tool could not set back to the way it was. I wonder if that's why my phone is frustratingly slow and unresponsive now.

For me i get too much email so the notifications pretty much are on all the time. It started getting annoying. It will be better when you can customize it so it only work for text messages, voicemails and missed calls.