Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterguns View Post
    dude. It's a plus because it's better. They only told us about the ram, wifi and whatever else. They didn't say much. I read the posts and watched the videos. Their going to come out with an update that's better than the regular phones so that people will lean closer towards the plus's. The pre and pixi are so cheap now. What's the motive for buying the plus if it's almost exactly the same?
    lol so wrong!!! the only diffrence on the pre and pre plus is just that double the ram and space. thats it same cpu same everything thing else. the os is going to work the same way across the platforms!!!
    wow, my buddy is a rm for verizon and I got to play with the plus, snappier at opening apps aand when having a buncha cards open and slider feels better, keyboard feels more like the pixi/treo pro (clicky) I like it, but newsflash! It's just a refresh of the pre. Period. Has more memory, it's still a pre. It's not the next mythical slab or anything. Updates will be released prolly a day apart from each other just because of carrier issues.

and I would say the day before or day of apple's coming out of the fruit closet party shin-dig thingy lol
    Last edited by toyotast165; 01/23/2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: forgot what I was going to originally say about this thread lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
    lol so wrong!!! the only diffrence on the pre and pre plus is just that double the ram and space. thats it same cpu same everything thing else. the os is going to work the same way across the platforms!!!
    ok if you two say so. But then there's less of a point in really buying it. Sure I would love to have more space and all that other stuff but I could practically get the same thing for less money. Or in this case, the phone I have now. But you get the point. Palm is just wasting money. Like, they came out with the pixi to only come out with the pixi plus a few months later. No wonder we have to pay for apps. :/
    ok if you two say so. But then there's less of a point in really buying it. Sure I would love to have more space and all that other stuff but I could practically get the same thing for less money. Or in this case, the phone I have now. But you get the point. Palm is just wasting money. Like, they came out with the pixi to only come out with the pixi plus a few months later. No wonder we have to pay for apps. :/
    It's made for Verizon. Why not update it 6 months later for a new carrier?
    i got my money on feb f14th
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    I don't care as long as it's early February and at the same time for us Europeans. It really sucks being left behind everytime a big update is released.
    As a european user I appreciate beeing ~1 week late because then I can see what problems the update causes to US users, Preware is updated, etc.. .

Beeing late for 1 week (not some weeks, Palm/o2!) is a feature, not a bug!!
    So do devs got 1.4 yet?
    gotta agree with it coming around 14th. Two un-scientific reasons..... 1) weekend. Seems as though updates have come either just before or just after weekends. 2) Valentine's day... Might as well make sme corny hoop-la over it.
    However... I hope it's sooner.... I've already removed patches, so I'm ready when Palm is!
    gotta agree with it coming around 14th. Two un-scientific reasons..... 1) weekend. Seems as though updates have come either just before or just after weekends. 2) Valentine's day... Might as well make sme corny hoop-la over it.
    However... I hope it's sooner.... I've already removed patches, so I'm ready when Palm is!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Speculating the release of the Flash Beta and/or 1.4 around Apples schedule is silly. Rubinstein specifically stated on the first episode of the Engadget Show that he doesn't care what Apple is doing nor when.
    Yeah, he may not but the marketing department surely seems to. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they want to keep palm's name in the press along with the major competition because they certainly have done *just that* for months.

Would make sense for late this month to drop flash beta and maybe a valentines day 1.4 release. It would just be good promotion all around. Granted, this is all wishful thinking on my part as well as basically every day since CES I've been double checking the PreCentral home page waiting to see 'flash beta hits app catalog!' post.
    It's to give all those VZW faithfuls a better device than the one they could have gotten on 6-6-09. In addition, carriers who get devices later usually want a little something more instead of the same device that others got earlier.

I think VZW fans are going to be very pleased and I think Sprint Premier customers will be chomping at the bit to get the better keyboard, more ram and 16GB. I know I will. As a previous VZW customer, I'm glad I'm with Sprint and free navigation. I'm also happy with Sprint's customer service.
    I just saw this post in the palm forum. Not really sure what to make of it but I thought I would pass it along.

Palm webOS 1.4 Update - Palm Support Community
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    The CEO of palm said it would drop in Feb so yeah....

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    That and I'm sure some Verizon reps are advertising this update when selling this phone since it was announced at CES with a February date. That would look pretty bad to Verizon to move this back to March or April. It also seems to be on pace for past updates. Anything past next month would be the longest lag between updates since the phone came out.
    I have heard it is being pushed back till march
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    ^------------What he said. I trust the CEO of Palm when he said it at CES over some unverified claim on palms forum.
    I am perfectly happy with my Pre, whenever, whatever...More important things to lose sleep over.
    Who said it was being delayed till March. It's not even Feb yet and people are already complaining it's not out.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Definitely a "the sky is falling thread" lol
    I heard late June
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast