Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk when I said did you not see, now I look back it sounded like it.
    Nah, I didn't take it that way.
    Don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    31st
    I agree around feb28 we will get news that it's been pushed back...and that most of the new features need 512mb ram to work properly.
  3. z21
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    I agree around feb28 we will get news that it's been pushed back...and that most of the new features need 512mb ram to work properly.
    Yes I agree it wont happen in February. Though I would imaginin that video recording will be the most ram intensive of the new features.. And if i do recall the demo of video recording at the CES presentation was done on a palm pre not a pre plus..
  4. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I don't care as long as it's early February and at the same time for us Europeans. It really sucks being left behind everytime a big update is released.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Quote Originally Posted by whitencm View Post
    I have an original Pre. I disagree.

Darn NDA.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 01/22/2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Speculating the release of the Flash Beta and/or 1.4 around Apples schedule is silly. Rubinstein specifically stated on the first episode of the Engadget Show that he doesn't care what Apple is doing nor when.

This came up because something happened near one of apples conferences last year (can't recall what) and Rubinstein denied any correlation.

I'd be willing to bet a lot that it doesn't come out on or near the release of the Pre Plus. As other's have stated, those units were in production who knows how long. They aren't going to build 100,000+ units overnight nor will they wait for another update. The Pre Plus and webOS 1.3.5.1 are plenty to satisfy new customers for at least a few weeks. Look how long our Pre's have been keeping us happy! (Most of us.. to some extent..).

I'm going to guess we're going to see this later on in February, as in sometime after the 15th.

My reasoning is that, this sounds like a big update. They announced it at CES. That tells me they need to deliver. By them saying "performance and battery enhancements" there needs to be substantial boosts to both, which may require a little more work. More than the average webOS update.

My final guess... Feb 15-28th. I say let them take their time! If Adobe sticks to their word, we'll be enjoying the Flash Beta soon and hey, 1.3.5 was definitely a great update in my book!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Feb 1st----------------------------------------------------------Feb 28th? my official guess
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_K View Post
    Feb 1st----------------------------------------------------------Feb 28th? my official guess
    What year?
    Feb 17th on my birthday. This phone is amazing. Love'n what palm is doing!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_K View Post
    It worked for my guess when 1.3.5 would come out, so I will say it for Flash beta:

Sometime between now and the end of the Stelliferous Era.
    app store not wrkn @ 856pm pacific time...must be doing something, hopefully something special...maybe adobe special...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

Darn NDA.
    Hmmm...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Flash is *not* going to be integrated into 1.4. I can guarantee that. Palm never said it would (just that it would be part of the os eventually%

Quote Originally Posted by Ahchoo View Post
    Here is my best guess...

The Flash beta will be released on the 27th or 28th in an attempt to steal thunder from Apple. Palm has tried it before and I am sure they would not miss a chance to try an upstage Apple again.

1.4 will probably be released 2 or 3 weeks after the Flash beta. Since Flash is going to be integrated into 1.4. I'm sure both Palm and Adobe want user tests and feedback as to how well flash worked before they add it to the build and take it out of beta with the release of 1.4.
    ok, I've only read a few pages so I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this yet... But it's the pre and pixi "plus" which obviously says they expect it to be better than the originals. They will already get the update way before we do. Atleast a week. Also it may not even be the same update. We could land a few versions short of the plus's. Just enough to get the video recording and word editors and what not. Either way palm is no doubt going to make the plus's better. Think business everyone, their looking to make money, not sell the same phone with a few extra pieces added in the software. The plus is going to be extremely better than the pre when it comes out and they will make sure of that.
    Feb 15th at 2:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post

Darn NDA.
    Does anyone else smell an Original Palm Pre (GSM) running WebOS 1.3.8 on AT&T's network in this post????? We already know network certification testing is underway at AT&T ...

http://www.precentral.net/att-pre-an...ning-webos-138
  17. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    If you follow @webosdev on twitter you'll see that 1.4 is in testing with developers.... [QUOTE=TopTongueBarry;2171543]Does anyone else smell an Original Palm Pre (GSM) running WebOS 1.3.8 on AT&T's network in this post????? We already know network certification testing is underway at AT&T ...

[URL]
    how about some well placed hard buttons that are completely mappable. I stilll appreciate hard keyed send/end buttons too.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterguns View Post
    ok, I've only read a few pages so I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this yet... But it's the pre and pixi "plus" which obviously says they expect it to be better than the originals. They will already get the update way before we do. Atleast a week. Also it may not even be the same update. We could land a few versions short of the plus's. Just enough to get the video recording and word editors and what not. Either way palm is no doubt going to make the plus's better. Think business everyone, their looking to make money, not sell the same phone with a few extra pieces added in the software. The plus is going to be extremely better than the pre when it comes out and they will make sure of that.
    Pure nonsense, from beginning to end.

The "Plus" means double the RAM and storage capacity for the Pre Plus, and WiFi for the Pixi Plus. That's all.

I think the firmware updates will be released simultaneously, or as close to simultaneous as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Pure nonsense, from beginning to end.

The "Plus" means double the RAM and storage capacity for the Pre Plus, and WiFi for the Pixi Plus. That's all.

I think the firmware updates will be released simultaneously, or as close to simultaneous as possible.
    dude. It's a plus because it's better. They only told us about the ram, wifi and whatever else. They didn't say much. I read the posts and watched the videos. Their going to come out with an update that's better than the regular phones so that people will lean closer towards the plus's. The pre and pixi are so cheap now. What's the motive for buying the plus if it's almost exactly the same?
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast