Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    ..... Seriously?!?! the 30th or 31st..... Even on a leap year, which this is not, we're only expecting 29 days in Feb not 30 or 31. Thanks for the chuckle.
    They're adding three extra days to February this year, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Forget about Verizon Pre/Pixi versions arriving prepacked with 1.4 - that's just not possible!

They are manufactured since weeks and 1.4 definitely wasn't ready by then.

They would have to flash them right before selling...actually in the US.

just not possible! Verizon will start with version 1.3.x.x.

Wouldn't it just automatically update when the phone is first setup?
    Friday. Definitely Friday.
    Just so long as it isn't the 14th, 15th, 16th, 19th, or 20th 'cause I'll be out of the country with access to only very slow and expensive Internet those dates. (It is a cruise and the 17th and 18th we'll be in U.S. Territories, so I'll have phone service [and hopefully EVDO] then. I would prefer not to use the ship's Internet for updating my phone, but when you gotta have the latest.... )

So, yeah, before the evening of the 14th (I think we sail at 5p) or after the morning of the 21st (we get in 'round 8a so not too bad) would be best, Palm!

(Naw, not being selfish at allllll....)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    VZW Pre's and Pixi's (plus) shipping with 1.4 when released on 1/25 while Sprint users wait for a couple/three weeks for it...
    This makes a lot of sense. With another CDMA carrier in the mix reviewing updates it's very likely the updates will drop at different times between Sprint and Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    This makes a lot of sense. With another CDMA carrier in the mix reviewing updates it's very likely the updates will drop at different times between Sprint and Verizon.
    yeh i agree different times, but 3 week gaps of the same version update?
    I vote for Valentines day. 1.4=14th. Tho for the menfolx, I hope not. Paying more attention to your phone than to your Valentines date is a no-no, even if it is a palm pre, unless you plan to sleep alone with your pre that night!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think this is entirely possible, although I wouldn't bet any money on it, although I'd say it'll be available as a download on the 25th (first thing VZW users see when they boot up, like the first update was for Sprint Pre). Palm might have said February just to hedge a bit--when they release early, everyone will be tickled pink.

If not by then, I'd guess it won't be until the second half of the month.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yeah. I think they're gonna start with a hail mary touchdown throw, between the 20th and 24th of this month.
    2 1/2 days to go, keep your fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    2 1/2 days to go, keep your fingers crossed.
    Well, with just a few days left in January and still no Flash beta......

Then again, if it is update 1.4, why not the 14th
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Feb 19!
    GSM European version 1.4.2 in March, maybe 15th (14th is sunday).
    Watch the app updates kids. You know it is close when every developer has updated their app.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    If it's before the 14th, expect some awesome videos from Valentine's Day nights :-)
    I'd say as early as possible would be very nice, but being a GSM user my hopes aren't high.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr157 View Post
    Watch the app updates kids. You know it is close when every developer has updated their app.
    +1
    Then they hit the phones a week later....WoWing the new Plus owners right away & giving the existing Pre owners the best update yet with Video Recording, Flash Player & Sling Box capability PlusPlusPlus........It's going to be a plus for Everyone with a Pre!

Do you like this angle? It makes the most since to me.
    Maybe precentral.net should have a contest, the 1st to post the correct date wins a prize.
    MAn, I hope it is before Feb. 4th. I am going on a cruise and would love to shoot some video on my Pre!