Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i'll settle for test-driving the flash beta.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    Wouldn't VZW want to launch a phone that already has video editing with direct upload to youtube etc ??? Not a great customer experience to sell a phone that will need an update in a couple weeks...just not a great selling point to tell customer's what they WILL BE ABLE to do in a couple weeks, but can't do quite yet... I wouldn't be surprised to see either of the following:

VZW Pre's and Pixi's (plus) shipping with 1.4 when released on 1/25 while Sprint users wait for a couple/three weeks for it...

OR: since there hasn't been a whole lot of marketing push on Verizon's part for these Palm devices to drop on 1/25, I could see them delaying the launch until they could launch the devices with 1.4 out of the box.

I see a lot of in-store marketing power on launch day if vzw reps can record video of customers and demo the direct upload to youtube feature...
    Isn't that exactly what Sprint did with us? We were promised Flash way back when.

I am guessing Feb 5th. with 1.4.1 out by Feb 28th. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I say Feb 29th.
    I'll go with the 29th also.

Quote Originally Posted by cwfranklin2 View Post
    Ok... just a reminder. February only has 28 days... #thatisall
    Not entirely true. February has a 29th day every four years. The next leap year should be in 2012 if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhodgebot View Post
    Wouldn't VZW want to launch a phone that already has video editing with direct upload to youtube etc ??? Not a great customer experience to sell a phone that will need an update in a couple weeks...just not a great selling point to tell customer's what they WILL BE ABLE to do in a couple weeks, but can't do quite yet... I wouldn't be surprised to see either of the following:

VZW Pre's and Pixi's (plus) shipping with 1.4 when released on 1/25 while Sprint users wait for a couple/three weeks for it...

OR: since there hasn't been a whole lot of marketing push on Verizon's part for these Palm devices to drop on 1/25, I could see them delaying the launch until they could launch the devices with 1.4 out of the box.

I see a lot of in-store marketing power on launch day if vzw reps can record video of customers and demo the direct upload to youtube feature...

I take back the 2nd option of VZW pushing the date back after seeing the full page spread from the WSJ
    Probably a few days after Apple makes their big announcement on January 27th.

At which point Jobs will announce how the latest version of iTunes will break Palm's ability to sync. Palm will then battle back with release of the OS update, and announce how they rehacked (again) iTunes, and we can continue to do the dance!!
    i feel like there would be a lot of p.o'ed significant others if the update came out on the 14th...just my 2 cents.
    [QUOTE=skidmark;2163349]Probably a few days after Apple makes their big announcement on January 27th. QUOTE]

Forgot about this! It wouldn't surprise me at all if Palm dropped 1.4 in the days before the 27th or the morning of, just to steal some of the blog and tech site headlines from Apple.... Course that might have something to do with the VZW release date of the 25th too....
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Probably a few days after Apple makes their big announcement on January 27th.

At which point Jobs will announce how the latest version of iTunes will break Palm's ability to sync. Palm will then battle back with release of the OS update, and announce how they rehacked (again) iTunes, and we can continue to do the dance!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA&feature=youtube_gdata
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zagbl6uba&feature=youtube_gdata
    exactly!!! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    exactly!!! Lol
    When Palm said February, I took it to mean LATE February, like Friday, the 26th.
    If they meant March, it would be late winter, spring would be May.
    I remember last year when they said the Pre would be out in the first half of the year and they beat it by about 3 weeks.
    Always guess later.
    Maybe someone should start a poll on 1.4?
    Feb 14, cuz we will fall in love with our Pre's
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    I like the 14th, for the poetic value.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    i feel like there would be a lot of p.o'ed significant others if the update came out on the 14th...just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, many wives and girlfriends would be quite annoyed that they missed dinner reservations cause you are too busy installing your patches

Luckily for me my wife is a Pre fangirl so she'd be right there with me installing patches

I would be beyond amazed if it came out before the last week in Feb. With all the updates they are talking about, they will need to be extra careful. Plus, if I am right it was almost a month after the developers got 1.3.5 that we saw it. I am sure the developers need at least that long for this update. Although based on yesterdays updates, lots of developers already verified their code works.
    Question: Do we need to wait for 1.4 to get Flash? I read somewhere that it would be available in the App Catolog something like two weeks after the show.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Everything is working so well for me right this minute that I hope it is February 31st.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Taking all bets that the dates speculated at in this thread will be the source of 50 "Well, Palm missed another deadline, they said it'd be released on Feb ___, when will palm get their stuff together, I'm getting a new phone" threads.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Yes flash is suppose to come into the app catalog before 1.4 is available.
    Forget about Verizon Pre/Pixi versions arriving prepacked with 1.4 - that's just not possible!

They are manufactured since weeks and 1.4 definitely wasn't ready by then.

They would have to flash them right before selling...actually in the US.

just not possible! Verizon will start with version 1.3.x.x.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    31st
    ..... Seriously?!?! the 30th or 31st..... Even on a leap year, which this is not, we're only expecting 29 days in Feb not 30 or 31. Thanks for the chuckle.