Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Feb. 1. Enough time to work out kinks before Super Bowl advertisements.
    I believe Preware has a patch to add more days to February.. so I go along with the 30th
    March 1st...
    im going to go with either Lincoln's birthday or Washington's birthday, but probably Washington's.

either that or on the fast of Esther
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I thought about starting a thread like this a week or 2 ago. And making it a contest. But didnt know how to go about it.

I am guessing 02/06/10 my birthday! These things are usually late.
    My Magic 8 Ball app just said this Thursday! I honestly think its either this Thursday or next Monday (at the latest). In the CES presentation it was said that 1.4 would be global and that the pre plus would ship with 1.4.
    Jon didn't say that the Pre/Pixi Plus would ship with 1.4. Just that it is expected in February. He also said the Flash beta would be available soon and work with 1.4, so I expect them to come out at the same time.
    All I can say is SOON. I think the 1.4 on 14 thing is cute, but I couldn't say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    My Magic 8 Ball app just said this Thursday! I honestly think its either this Thursday or next Monday (at the latest). In the CES presentation it was said that 1.4 would be global and that the pre plus would ship with 1.4.
    My magic 8 ball app just said this :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1.4 on the 14th!
    Valentine's Day
    Chinese New Year
    and 1.4! what a day that'll be
    as of now a 'friend' told me 1.4 still needs alot of work, (thats just what my friend said, it may be true and it may not), so i'm aiming for early-mid february
    ok, I'm kinda confused. If they are going to be releasing 1.4 on or around the 25th of this month (which is about 6 days away) does that mean that they "aren't" going to have the Flash Beta in the app catalog like the promised at CES?
    That's the point.

They clearly said that Flash 10.1 will be included in 1.4 webOS.

And they clearly said that there will be a Flash beta BEFORE that.

So as we still don't see the beta, there is no way for releasing the full version.

Don't expect 1.4 sooner than 2 weeks after Adobe releasing the Flash beta in the app catalog!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    February 2011. They did not say this February
    Accurate forecast, if you're on Bell.............
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    You should wish your candles would not burn out before it finish downloading the update. With such big feature changes, I am sure the download would be big, and everyone wants it at the same time.
    Don't forget that starting with 1.3.5.x, updates are not much more than the actual changed code, much like Patches from Preware.

That means that even if an update is huge in terms of new features or user experience, its physical size can be really small in comparison. Even with everything 1.4 brings to the table, I'm counting on it being smaller than 1.3.1 which I believe was about 130MB.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It results in a lot of unpacking, right? The new updates?

I would not be surprised if it came in March. Also I wouldn't be surprised if everyone got mad at Palm until they release the update. Then comes the fanboyism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It results in a lot of unpacking, right?
    Yes.
    Wouldn't VZW want to launch a phone that already has video editing with direct upload to youtube etc ??? Not a great customer experience to sell a phone that will need an update in a couple weeks...just not a great selling point to tell customer's what they WILL BE ABLE to do in a couple weeks, but can't do quite yet... I wouldn't be surprised to see either of the following:

VZW Pre's and Pixi's (plus) shipping with 1.4 when released on 1/25 while Sprint users wait for a couple/three weeks for it...

OR: since there hasn't been a whole lot of marketing push on Verizon's part for these Palm devices to drop on 1/25, I could see them delaying the launch until they could launch the devices with 1.4 out of the box.

I see a lot of in-store marketing power on launch day if vzw reps can record video of customers and demo the direct upload to youtube feature...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I believe Preware has a patch to add more days to February.. so I go along with the 30th
    Man I love Preware!
    My best guess is march 26th
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast