Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mxu030 View Post
    Is it possible to improve battery life through a patch? so far that's the only complaint I have with my Pre :/

I love playing Word Ace and that kills the battery DEAD.
    Word Ace seems to drain the battery quicker than pretty much anything else, maybe even streaming audio. I think the optimizations are going to have to come from the Word Ace developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Word Ace seems to drain the battery quicker than pretty much anything else, maybe even streaming audio. I think the optimizations are going to have to come from the Word Ace developer.
    actually, get a load of this thread. Reading between the lines, it seems the Classic PalmOS App, needs a WebOS update to fix it. So sounds like Palm will be pushing something out soon enough?!!!

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...22#post2065822
  3.    #23  
    I guess I did this almost tongue in cheek given the recent 1.3.1 problems. Hope everyone will be better prepared when the next update comes. I almost think I will take my battery out to insure it doesn't automatically update during the AM before I can complete the removal process.

Interesting most of the comments here are looking for the next upgrade instead of bashing the last upgrade. I hope most have fixed their 1.3.1 problems with Doctor and realize if you Mod you have additional work to do to get the goodies. Another opportunity to thanks all those that provide great stuff and those that offer a helping hand here. I sure appreciate it.

I don't think I qualify to have the official 1.4 thread, needs to be in appropriate hands, so delete away Mods. Probably was having a little Thanksgiving Cheer when I started this. :-)

Wolfie
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    word ace uses streaming like music. instead of music it streams data back and forth and you always have the screen on thats why it drains more power.
    Palm and Verizon say the Pre and Pixi will be available on Verizon on January 25. They also say it will ship with OS 1.4.

Is this wishful thinking, or does it mean that 1.4 will be ready for download on Sprint and other carriers on January 25? I want Flash.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    They actually said flash would come "soon," and before 1.4. Downloadable from the app catalog.
    1.4 is slated for a Feb launch per Palm but we'll see what happens.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You just never know. All will come to those that wait. But Palm may decide to not allow us to wait.
    Palm said during CES that Webos 1.4 for Sprint US customers would be available in Feb.
    It stands to reason that it might be true. Palm wants to make a splash with Verizon. I'm just speculating here, but I think they are probably looking to launch with a bang, and that would include 1.4 .... I mean assuming they do heavy launch sales, I wouldn't think they would want to have their new customers upset about the lack of (supposed) features. So yeah, I think it's true.

I also think that us Sprint users won't get the update until Feb.
    Isn't having webOS on two US carriers going to make it tougher to do speedy updates? Each carrier has to sign on before release. That has held up releases in the past with Sprint taking a while to approve an upgrade. Verizon, from what I hear, is even more rigid about change than is Sprint.

Thoughts?

If by held up releases you mean 5 times as many updates as the any other device then yes I guess you are right.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If by held up releases you mean 5 times as many updates as the any other device then yes I guess you are right.
    One could say the Pre has 5 times as many bugs too..
    One could say that if one was unfamiliar with the gazillions of problems iphone users have experienced. As for apple's updates, they JUST got MMS and still don't have turn-by-turn directions.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I think MMS was delayed by AT&T. It's unfair to compare the iPhone to the Pre, even if I did it when I shopped for such a phone. I don't discount your point tho, every device has it's issues.
    I believe I heard, in the keynote presentation video, pre plus will ship with ver. 1.3.5.1 installed.
    Exactly...1.4 is not out until Feb.
    EEEEE. Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i am assuming around valentines day since they had little suprises when it was christmas time...
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    i am assuming around valentines day since they had little suprises when it was christmas time...
    31st
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast