Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Whether I had a NDA or not; I think I would spill the beans after 10 or 12 beers.
    Oh well.
    LOL..OT... at my last high school reunion, I got to talking to one of my classmates who worked for Apple. He was fairly hammered on beer and mixed drinks so I proceeded to ask him about NDA stuff like what's comming from Apple. He spilled the beans on the unibody macbooks and details like unibody alum construction, FW800 only, displayport and the glass trackpad...this was months before it was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    Pretty sure that by telling us that your NDA requires you not to talk about the NDA, you just talked about the NDA and some of what it requires, thus violating it by talking about it!!
    What is the first rule of Fight Club?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The claim is that the 1.4 update will bring auto focus to the Pre.....sounds like a pipe dream to me.
    this would make sense. perhaps the camera is setup now to focus for photos. video might be another matter. webos would need control of the lens, aka autofocus and a better barcode app.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    LOL..OT... at my last high school reunion, I got to talking to one of my classmates who worked for Apple. He was fairly hammered on beer and mixed drinks so I proceeded to ask him about NDA stuff like what's comming from Apple. He spilled the beans on the unibody macbooks and details like unibody alum construction, FW800 only, displayport and the glass trackpad...this was months before it was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    second, I don't think you could add autofocus just via a software update. I'd love to be proven wrong though!!
    During the CES announcement of the Pre last year, I swear that I overheard that the camera would have a software auto-focus feature.
    During the CES announcement of the Pre last year, I swear that I overheard that the camera would have a software auto-focus feature.
    There's no such thing...
    Pre user "Yay it's Feb 1st we're gonna get the update any time now!"

Palm "Yay we have til Feb 29th to push out the update!"

Verizon "We sell the pre? Damn...."
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    this would make sense. perhaps the camera is setup now to focus for photos. video might be another matter. webos would need control of the lens, aka autofocus and a better barcode app.
    The pre has a fixed lens....this isn't going to happen.
    No one knows for sure
    thats something i would totally end up doing, but all my NDA's are for seriously boring stuff.
    I'm more likely to tell people I have an NDA that I don't have and make up all sorts of stories about things I know nothing about after a few drinks.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm more likely to tell people I have an NDA that I don't have and make up all sorts of stories about things I know nothing about after a few drinks.
    Nice NDA you got there. Care to have a drink?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    thats something i would totally end up doing, but all my NDA's are for seriously boring stuff.
    ...like what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    ...like what?
    well there's this one new...............wait a minute..............you almost got me you sly dog.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Just to be clear I heard 1.4 might not be released on the 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The pre has a fixed lens....this isn't going to happen.
    Def a fact....the Palm Pre has a fixed focus lens...meaning it cannot move to adjust focus. This is something that can only be done through hardware. Rumor sadly destroyed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    Def a fact....the Palm Pre has a fixed focus lens...meaning it cannot move to adjust focus. This is something that can only be done through hardware. Rumor sadly destroyed!
    facts dont really carry much weight around here with the rumor mill peeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    well there's this one new...............wait a minute..............you almost got me you sly dog.
    I would like to see the words 'sly dog' put under an NDA.
    Def a fact as well...it might not be released on the 15th....I'm betting a day or two before Valentines....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Just to be clear I heard 1.4 might not be released on the 15th.