Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Please 1.4 just come so i can be done hitting update every 5 minutes. man im a junkie. hahah
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    um....who's to say that the update still isn't going to drop in February...it's only the 3RD of Feb guys, not the 28th. Impatient much!?
    I think we may have to deploy the Update Police.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    um....who's to say that the update still isn't going to drop in February...it's only the 3RD of Feb guys, not the 28th. Impatient much!?
    Did you read the article or at least the OP? This is a discussion about what sprint has said not how we are upset that we haven't received the update yet.
    Aw c'mon. Palm is a hardware/software company and EVERY company has delays. I'd rather have it delayed than be broken.

I like the pre. So much, in fact, I can wait for 1.4 because it does a lot as it is.

Typical mass consumers; everyone LOVES have 3D games since the last update.... at least for a few weeks before the 'oooooooo shiney' effect wears off and they start complaining about the next update not coming soon enough. Insatiable.

Palm, if you are reading this, let me impart some wisdom originally spoken by Zero Punctuation:
    "Fans (like those on the forum) are whiney little dip ****s who are never satisfied. The soon you block them out, the happier you will be" Happy people. especially programmers, lead to good solid coding Here's hoping they all move to iphone so there will finally be some original threads in here.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i just think people are being impatient, and needs to calm the f___ down. If they would have released the update yesterday and it was buggy you would be complaining. If they say its pushed back to make sure there are no bugs your complain. Remember they have done what 8 or more updates already, what other company has done so many in such a short period of time. Also they try to listen to the broad complaints out there when they update too, not just what they think could be fixed. So why not we just all be patient and wait for the update when its really ready, and stop B___en for real.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    If you go to the app catalog and look at the review for that scan barcode app, you'll see the developer reply to some complaint and advising people that wait till the 15th for 1.4 to see the app work with no problems.. Now of course this is not concrete evidence but the guys seems like he knows the release date..
    Cool

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I'm not going to get even mildely concerned about the liberties that artical takes when the primary source. being just a forum post on sprints boards never says anything about a delay, but just says a timeframe that overlaps with the current one we are expecting (febuary being part of q1)

furthermore, a poster on the forums asks the sprint rep to clarify, to which the sprint rep says they will, but have yet to do so (I am paraphrasing alot)

so, basically some article is taking liberty with a post online, taking "later" and making it into "late". In reality there really isn't too much to go off of in terms of calling anything a "delay"
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/03/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Yippie... more rumors. haha

While we're spreading them... I guess this means the camera app with have some way to focus better on close objects in order for the barcodes to be read. [/rumor]
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    The claim is that the 1.4 update will bring auto focus to the Pre.....sounds like a pipe dream to me.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 02/03/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    I bet if it's not the 15th, it'll be some other date.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    that one made me laugh out loud!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The claim is that the 1.4 update will bring auto focus to the Pre.....sounds like a pie dream to me.
    I think you're just craving some sugar... It sounds like a _pipe_ dream to me...

I hadn't heard this claim about autofocus, and I have no idea if it's possible.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I bet if the 15th comes it won't be any time from Feb. 1-14th. Just a thought. I might be wrong though.
    +2

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    That developer must be in some extra special, super secret, development pre release group that I've not heard of, cause we were never told before. Seems like they would have an even tighter NDA though.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I bet that's just some guy trying to get people all riled up. Notice how much emphasis he puts on saying the 15th. He mentions the date 3 times. Seems like he just made it up.
    From what I've heard, an update for Web OS will be out soon!