Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    You can upload video recordings to Facebook in addition to Youtube. It was shown in the demo.
    I dont know if anybody has mentioned this but a sprint employee on sprints forums posted this

"Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.
    I wanted to let everyone know that were planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. Well be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:
    Video Capture functionality with editing capability
    Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)
    Full Phonebook transfer capabilities
    Calendar Enhancements
    Messaging Enhancements
    These are just a few of the high-lights with much more detail to come. Im sure there will be a lot of questions around timing and details of the update and I wont be able to share any more than what is listed above but we wanted to let our Community know it was coming."

The websit link is Palm WebOS Phones:Palm webOS 1.4 Update

Was wondering if the "first quarter" thing was true or if I we will be getting the update this month.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Yeah like a Sprint employee would have a firm date on a Palm release.LOL Palm said February. I would go with that.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    "Later this quarter" could mean any day after Jan. 28th.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    lol
    Hi Everybody!!!
    I know huh. I didnt realy belive it but wanted to check.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    How did you conclude from that article that WebOS 1.4 has been delayed?

Edit: Nevermind, this looked like the same messaging I had read before, but I just noticed the "later this quarter" clause. Other discussion forums are indicating that Palm may release 1.4 to the carriers in Feb, but the carriers have to test it, thereby adding some as of yet undetermined amount of time before we actually see it. Each carrier will have its own requirements and time table. Sprint is usually the quickest and Verizon is usually more diligent and so it takes a bit longer for them to release a new update.
    Last edited by rlopin; 02/02/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    probably this part:

"It seems that while Palm is set to deliver the new webOS 1.4 update during the month that started today, Sprint will delay its release to users a little bit given the fact that the software solution has to get through its certification process."
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Or the very beginning:
    "However, while Palm said that February was the targeted time frame for the software's release, Sprint now says that the first quarter of the ongoing year will be the lucky period, which means that the solution will probably land a little later than expected. "
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Hm, so do you think other providers will get the update before Sprint? I wonder if Sprint is pushing something we don't want (such as a monitor for tethering)
    well that just sucks so now yet again I'm going to have to wait for flash it seems like everytime we ger closer to geting it the longer we have to wait that and now my dam power button broke for no reason I'm starting to get real tired of the pre it's starting to bore me
    If it's delayed for quality assurance, by all means delay it. I'd rather get a decent upgrade than getting a 1.4.1 update weeks later because Exchange is screwed or something. My $.02
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    well that just sucks so now yet again I'm going to have to wait for flash it seems like everytime we ger closer to geting it the longer we have to wait that and now my dam power button broke for no reason I'm starting to get real tired of the pre it's starting to bore me
    Buy the NFL 2010 app
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I'm waiting for SlingPlayer WebOS to be finished....perhaps we can get the Flash update sooner.
    Carter Patterson
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Or the very beginning:
    "However, while Palm said that February was the targeted time frame for the software's release, Sprint now says that the first quarter of the ongoing year will be the lucky period, which means that the solution will probably land a little later than expected. "
    This doesn't really make sense to me. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Sprint$ $doesn$'$t$ $release$ $the$ $WebOS$ $updates$, $Palm$ $does$ ... $they$'$re$ $all$ $OTA$ $updates$ $directly$ $from$ $the$ $Palm$ $servers$.

If you read the rest of the posts, someone points this out to "tooner" and he backpedals like crazy, saying he actually doesn't know how the "update process works". Sounds like some clueless marketing type to me.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    This doesn't really make sense to me. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Sprint$ $doesn$'$t$ $release$ $the$ $WebOS$ $updates$, $Palm$ $does$ ... $they$'$re$ $all$ $OTA$ $updates$ $directly$ $from$ $the$ $Palm$ $servers$.

If you read the rest of the posts, someone points this out to "tooner" and he backpedals like crazy, saying he actually doesn't know how the "update process works". Sounds like some clueless marketing type to me.
    It's Palm's software but Sprints network. My understanding is it needs to meet Sprints needs before they can publish it. This is why not all phones (Europe/Canada for example) gets the updates at the same time. What they are looking for is basically the new software will not break any rules on the network itself, not because the updates (Video Recording) for example needs to be confirmed by sprint.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Bummer. It's not like a delay will kill me, but I must say that I am getting frustrated with the lack of flash support. I seem to trip across more and more sites that show that danged pieced of lego.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    What happened when Microsoft caved to public pressure? We got Vista.

Leave Palm be. If it is going to take a little while longer to bake, let it bake.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    So I guess it is not like winmo where if it gets leaked you can put it on your phone yourself. I got my wife a pre yesterday and I like it.
    That said I am still with winmo 6.5 manila as there are things it does no other phone can do yet. If this damn pre would get webos I would probally jump.