Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    Quick question, when the update becomes available, do you update manually, or will it update automatically? The reason I ask is that I assume you get warnign so that you can unstiall patches.
    you do get a warning. if you check for updates, it will tell you one is available and ask if you want to do it now. if not, it will force the update not long after. i'm sorry, i do not know the exact amount of time. as long as you pay attention to this forum, you should have plenty of time to uninstall patches.

just make sure you don't forget to uninstall them. somehow, people have done that before. an honest mistake, i guess. but it seems a little, um, less than bright, to me.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    you do get a warning. if you check for updates, it will tell you one is available and ask if you want to do it now. if not, it will force the update not long after. i'm sorry, i do not know the exact amount of time. as long as you pay attention to this forum, you should have plenty of time to uninstall patches.

just make sure you don't forget to uninstall them. somehow, people have done that before. an honest mistake, i guess. but it seems a little, um, less than bright, to me.
    You don't have to uninstall patches before OTA updates anymore. See the stickied thread at the top of the webOS Patches forum (sorry, I can't link it).
    Hey I'm just happy my (Bell Canada) Pre GPS is functioning again, yay Feb 1!

1.4 will be icing on the cake when it arrives which is usually several days after USA gets an update
    Just kidding.

I remember them saying that video uploading would be possible to youtube, but did they say anything about uploading to facebook or any other services?
    @ 1st I'm sure it will only be uploadable to youtube
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    As much as I my want to be hitting the Updates button like a rabid hamster on methamphetamines, I'm resolved to the fact that we likely will not see 1.4 released until after the Flash beta hits the App Catalog.
    (which, mind you, doesn't stop me from hitting the App Catalog button like a crazed gerbil on cocaine ...)
    When it uploads to youtube they said there will be a link that will allow you to post a update on youtube with the info for everybody to go view it.
    Figured I would participate in the hope for 1.4!

What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Dear Osirus:

If your avatar is such an issue, howzabout changing it to something a little less, shall we say, thought provoking? Get over yourself model.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJay View Post
    As much as I my want to be hitting the Updates button like a rabid hamster on methamphetamines, I'm resolved to the fact that we likely will not see 1.4 released until after the Flash beta hits the App Catalog.
    (which, mind you, doesn't stop me from hitting the App Catalog button like a crazed gerbil on cocaine ...)
    I think 1.4 is the egg and the Flash beta app is the chicken in this case. 1.4 is suppose to lay some foundation for the flash beta to work. I could be wrong ......
    It's a shame you feel like you have to start your thread with the words I know this thread will generate alot of hatred... - it shouldn't be this way. So you're excited about 1.4 - so am I. More love, less hate
    well then us Pixi owners should get 1.4 now and let the Pre owners stew for a bit since we're not getting flash.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I convinced a friend of my mine to get the Pre Plus (much nicer than my Pre I think) cause I got her so excited about the 1.4 patch. Loads of goodies and March brings us the PDK release which means lots of Iphone app ports. We could have tons of apps in no time!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I personally think you'll have all the options as images, just with the addition of the youtube upload.
    i hope they release 1.4 in europe first! :P
    then maybe the GSM section get noticed! :P

EUROPE FIRST! lol
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I hope they put out 1.4 on the 7th and if there are still bugs in verizon pre/pixi plus (which there will be), then they will just release 1.4.1 and so-on, this way we could enjoy 1.4 earlier without waiting for all glitches to be worked out just for Verizon customers.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    my buddy just called me and asked if my phone was working because his girlfriend's pre is doing "some video camera update". I asked if it said something about 1.4 and he said yes. he's not tech savvy, so I hope our signals didn't get crossed.

he said her phone stopped working...it just turned off, so they took it to the store they bought it from (not sprint) and the guy said it's updating for the new video camera and that the store's phone was doing it too.

hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    my buddy just called me and asked if my phone was working because his girlfriend's pre is doing "some video camera update". I asked if it said something about 1.4 and he said yes. he's not tech savvy, so I hope our signals didn't get crossed.

he said her phone stopped working...it just turned off, so they took it to the store they bought it from (not sprint) and the guy said it's updating for the new video camera and that the store's phone was doing it too.

hmmm
    Ok are you just trying to kill me here? My blood pressure can't handle this sort of thing this late at night... *wildly taps update on his phone*

I can't help getting excited over this stuff. I guess I'm a true geek.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ok, I guess her phone didn't update to 1.3.5.1 the last time so sprint sent out an "update" (what the guy at the store said) to make sure it was at 1.3.5.1 because 1.4 is supposed to hit real soon.

ugh...

sorry everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    ok, I guess her phone didn't update to 1.3.5.1 the last time so sprint sent out an "update" (what the guy at the store said) to make sure it was at 1.3.5.1 because 1.4 is supposed to hit real soon.

ugh...

sorry everyone
    I lol'd.

You prolly crushed the hopes of about 50+ people reading your posts.