Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Lucky people! Don't joke about the release of 1.4.
    I think the people here in germany have at least wait until late of march till 1.4 will be released. And i think this is thinking positively :-)
    It's a glitch in the software, I have noticed this since the last OS update.
    There was an article saying how VZ Navigator was updated today. I got excited because thought it was a predictor for Pre update but it lists other phones as receiving the update today, not Pre.

So keep an eye out for when VZ Nav will be updated for Palm.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I think 1.4 will be released in conjunction with a verizon ad campaign. Interestingly enough first commercial for the pre plus on tv now. One can only hope
    I have a feeling this update will be delayed or late feb, hopefully i'm wrong. but i think they will try to fix all the VZ issues in the update too so they might hold off until those are done and then release 1.4.0.. that is just my guess tho

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Hopefully it will be around the 7th, Superbowl Sunday, maybe that's when Verizon will start their big advertising push on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    anyone else's pre saying software updates available but doesn't show any apps on the update screen whe it goes to my applications?
    All the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Lucky people! Don't joke about the release of 1.4.
    I think the people here in germany have at least wait until late of march till 1.4 will be released. And i think this is thinking positively :-)
    you know what would be funny? if they released it to germany first, and the U.S. later. this place would be full of people crying and yelling. kind of like with terrorism: not many people in the U.S. gave a rat's *** about terrorism, until something happened here.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    When I check my pre updates applet it says "Your phone is up to date."

And then at the bottom it says

"HELP WILL BE AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH"

... what help do I need if my phone is up to date? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hopefully it will be around the 7th, Superbowl Sunday, maybe that's when Verizon will start their big advertising push on TV.
    i read on here that a palm support person told someone that it would be the seventh. nothing more than hearsay, really. the person that mentioned it is new, i believe. they just kind of nonchalantly put it out there when talking about their call with palm support.
    I was thinking 1.4 is coming soon, especially with all these apps that are coming out in the Beta catalog.
    wow that would be nice to see Palm Pre commercials on superbown sunday!!!! that's a way to get people attention...

I'd likd to see something like this:

Guy walking around with like 5 people following him around, his posse they all have phones, walks on the bus/ subway he starts asking them questions like, hey what did that email say, he turn to another, hey whats my latest post online, turn to the next person, hey can you text my mom back dinner later, turns to the next person hey, can you change that song i'm tired of it and i've heard it a million times.. then he runs into someone who ask's why do you have such a big posse, in a crowded bus/subway he goes, well, i need to get stuff done... that's my posse.... other person goes... ummm it's 2010, you do know they make a phone that multi tasks... he's like what?! she says yeah.. palm pre, then you see MC Hammer chilling on the subway he says, hey trust me man, you don 't need a big posse to get stuff done as he's typing on his Palm Pre. Then he says oh oh oh oh oh, stop....hammer time..

something like that

Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i read on here that a palm support person told someone that it would be the seventh. nothing more than hearsay, really. the person that mentioned it is new, i believe. they just kind of nonchalantly put it out there when talking about their call with palm support.
    Yeah, I read your post, that's when it got me thinking that the 7th was Superbowl Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    wow that would be nice to see Palm Pre commercials on superbown sunday!!!! that's a way to get people attention...

Guy walking around with like 5 people following him around, his posse they all have phones, walks on the bus/ subway he starts asking them questions like, hey what did that email say, he turn to another, hey whats my latest post online, turn to the next person, hey can you text my mom back dinner later, turns to the next person hey, can you change that song i'm tired of it and i've heard it a million times.. then he runs into someone who ask's why do you have such a big posse, in a crowded bus/subway he goes, well, i need to get stuff done... that's my posse.... other person goes... ummm it's 2010, you do know they make a phone that multi tasks... he's like what?! she says yeah.. palm pre, then you see MC Hammer chilling on the subway he says, hey trust me man, you don 't need a big posse to get stuff done as he's typing on his Palm Pre. Then he says oh oh oh oh oh, stop....hammer time..

something like that
    Dude i dunno but you might wanna send that in to VZW cuz that's a damn funny idea
    Quote Originally Posted by streetskooler View Post
    Dude i dunno but you might wanna send that in to VZW cuz that's a damn funny idea
    that's what i thought i mean, everyone knows mc hammer spent all that money on his posse right, so it would be funny to have him in a commercial too...

oh i got it he says:

oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh- stop, wasting money...

maybe he gets off and there is the verizon people he says, oh, them, that's not my posse, that's the verizon network...

although , i'm a huge sprint fan myself tho..

i wish i could email their marketing people, because superbowl stuff has to be funny if they plan on releasing it, because later they rate them..

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yeah, I read your post, that's when it got me thinking that the 7th was Superbowl Sunday.
    gotcha.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I have a feeling this update will be delayed or late feb, hopefully i'm wrong. but i think they will try to fix all the VZ issues in the update too so they might hold off until those are done and then release 1.4.0.. that is just my guess tho
    Was thinking the same thing. Blasted Verizon and all their issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by C4pt View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Blasted Verizon and all their issues!
    i'll keep my fingers crossed

something like that
    haaaaaaa. That would be a funny *** commercial. Attention getting with a well know celebrity. I see you.
    Quick question, when the update becomes available, do you update manually, or will it update automatically? The reason I ask is that I assume you get warnign so that you can unstiall patches.