1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I need your help. My Pre has the latest Palm update. I ran the 'dangerous' CPU flex update for 600mhz tonight. It installed successfully. I finished playing my podcast using dr.podder and then did a reboot.

That was the last of it. My phone now shows a non-flashing palm logo. I have installed numerous patches, apps, homebrew apps and removed as needed. The phone has performed flawlessly. I'm not sure if my phone is 'second gen' since I just had it replaced three weeks ago due to a non-responsive touch screen.

I have tried running webOS doctor but that hasn't helped. So, I am here to see if I may not be trying to recover properly. Following are my steps:

I remove the battery. Plug the USB cable from my laptop. Start the webosdoctor utility. Install the battery. It starts the Pre with a Palm logo. The webosdoctor utility then shows a progress of 0%. This is past the "Checking system" screen.

Webosdoctor utility then tries for 5 minutes at 0% and then says phone disconnected. I click ok and start all over again.

What am I doing wrong? or am I toast and should just throw the phone away.
    I had the same thing and looks like I'll be going to sprint tomorrow to have it exchanged, because WebOS Doctor is not working and doing the same thing you discribed above.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letscruz View Post
    hello everyone, i need your help. My pre has the latest palm update. I ran the 'dangerous' cpu flex update for 600mhz tonight. It installed successfully. I finished playing my podcast using dr.podder and then did a reboot.

That was the last of it. My phone now shows a non-flashing palm logo. I have installed numerous patches, apps, homebrew apps and removed as needed. The phone has performed flawlessly. I'm not sure if my phone is 'second gen' since i just had it replaced three weeks ago due to a non-responsive touch screen.

I have tried running webos doctor but that hasn't helped. So, i am here to see if i may not be trying to recover properly. Following are my steps:

I remove the battery. Plug the usb cable from my laptop. Start the webosdoctor utility. Install the battery. It starts the pre with a palm logo. The webosdoctor utility then shows a progress of 0%. This is past the "checking system" screen.

Webosdoctor utility then tries for 5 minutes at 0% and then says phone disconnected. I click ok and start all over again.

What am i doing wrong? Or am i toast and should just throw the phone away.
    1. Start the webos doctor
    2. If asked to connect ur pre heres what u shud do:
    Remove the battery
    connect the usb to pre and computer
    press and hold the volume up and the power button at the same time
    then put back the battery.. The usb symbol will now appear
    3. TheN do ur job to webos doctor
    I tried that and still the same thing
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jas View Post
    1. Start the webos doctor
    2. If asked to connect ur pre heres what u shud do:
    Remove the battery
    connect the usb to pre and computer
    press and hold the volume up and the power button at the same time
    then put back the battery.. The usb symbol will now appear
    3. TheN do ur job to webos doctor
    It worked!!!

Thank you soooo much. Current progress shows 56%. It seems to be going through. I am hopeful. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Mine did that too...
    Oddly, it fixed itself.

I was going to Doctor it, but it kept saying my Pre was disconnected after starting.
    So then I thought it was the low battery, so I let it charge and it just... fixed itself.

So my suggestions:
    1. Let the battery fall all the way down.
    2. Charge it overnight or for a semi-long period of time. (actually around 2-3 hours)
    Got mine to doctor finally. I had to hold both buttons until it started actually installing.