1.    #1  
    hello guys,

i got the 1.3.1 update (germany, GSM unlocked), and since them, i am in trouble... the limited app catalog is one thing, really annoying...

but another great thing is:
    - very significant decrease in phone speed, and
    - multitasking much limited => no more than 4 cards at the same time :-(
    - sometimes no mutitasking at all!

as example, if i open google maps, i got the message "cannot open more cards, please close open applications" even with only this one and only card open! so in this case if google maps open, my pre cannot multitask any longer?!?

anybody else had same problems? havent found anything in forum search.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have a German Palm Pre and i only have the limited app catalog problem and nothing else.

i opened many cards with no problem.

I web dotored mine and i have many patches and hombrew apps and i have no problems.

I wish if i can install Palm Catalog apps through Quick install tool using PC rather than going through Palm Apps catalog .. anybody knows how to do that and where can i find Palm Catalog Apps on internet as a downlodable files?
    I have an American Sprint Pre and I'm constantly waiting on the phone to change screens and respond to my taps after I upgraded to 1.3.1

It's noticeably slower and I am resorting to popping out the batter to reset it as the "Device" app won't even open after the "too many cards" message.

One caveat, I forgot to delete a theme and some Homebrew apps prior to the update, so I ask you if you did the same to see if that's a common thing between us.

Bert
    same problem here - Too Many Cards error popping up WAY too often. Scrolling in the browser is choppy ... Entire device has slowed down. Ugh.

I think I removed all patches/tweaks, but I may have missed one (like LED notification).
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am having all of these issues as well. Sometimes I can only open one card at a time or else I'll get the message that too many cards are open. I use to be able to have a dozen open with no issue.

Pretty much the entire phone has slowed down. It takes longer to open any app, web pages scroll slower, when you switch to the music player it takes up to 10 seconds for the buttons at the bottom to pop up.

THis is all very annoying. How much testing was done that this was not noticed. Every aspect of my Pre is now slow slow slow. They need to fix this soon.
  6.    #6  
    @bert: i had no theme or any patches installed prior updating to 1.3.1. however, i had a lot of homebrew apps, but normally this shouldnīt be a problem.

but after updating, i lost a lot of apps, which seems no longer aviable to german market... :-( as example card ace. worked fine, after update it disappears, and isnīt aviable any longer in app catalog.
    every app i use has been acting weird or giving me the too many cards even when there is zero cards open.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell, this problem is with WebOS, not any patches or homebrew apps. Even after doctoring my phone, it's still sluggish, and yes... WebOS no longer multitasks effectively.

I am super ticked off about the whole thing, but all we can do is wait for the next update.
    This is more of a 1.3.1 issue for ALL devices are effected. I keep getting memory leaks with the email app and web browser and forced to restart luna often even with the swap file patch.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Same here. Noticeable lag in texting, no email notifications, overall slowdown in device, and I get the "too many cards message" with anywhere from 0-4 cards open. This is a huge letdown. I assume you cannot install an older version of webOS once you update right? I though these updates were supposed to be improvements, no?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I forgot that my battery life has is greatly reduced. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Since the update I find that it is nearly fully drained after 3 hours. Where it used to last twice as long.
  12.    #12  
    seems i am not alone

here for those, that wonīt believe, just i screenshot of a sick german pre....

there are no cards open => translation of the message:
    "to many cards open - delete not used cards for more available storage"

pretty sick, if not any card is open... after update to 1.3.1 first, i can open only one or two cards at the same time, accutaly after some days i cannot open any card any longer!

my palm pre is totally useless... couldnt even open the phone tool to call anybody... even the launcher cannot be started!!!

i am really frustated, had to run webOS doctor for three times, and still just a little time after the update to 1.3.1 i cannot use my pre any longer...

so what to do? couldt it be because of sick hardware issues, too? cannot iamgine...

maybe all users with same trouble have to wait for another update, that fixes problems... so sick, cannot even tell u how frustated i am... so much money for such a useless phone...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am so sick of these good for nothing memory errors and poor browser performance. I just had this page open, glanced away to discuss something with my fiancee and when I woke the screen from sleep, the web page was grayed out and pixellated, then it started to reload itself.

This is how bad 1.3.1 is... I can't even view the mobile version of a forum thread without the page refreshing. (only card open by the way)

Why does it need to randomly reload web pages anyway?

WebOS 1.3.1 is a total disaster and it has mad me very disappointed with Palm. If they are going to force us to upgrade, these mistakes are UNACCEPTABLE!
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    As far as I can tell, this problem is with WebOS, not any patches or homebrew apps. Even after doctoring my phone, it's still sluggish, and yes... WebOS no longer multitasks effectively.

I am super ticked off about the whole thing, but all we can do is wait for the next update.
    My Pre is stock so im nut running any tweaks at all and ive
    noticed the same. Problem is I can't remember what app I was in when I thought "This ain't right".

Some things like the photo app is lightning fast but if use the music player and try doing something else it feels much slower. Also got a warning that too many cards where open and I was just using the browser, no other apps open.

Still a huge upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G